Question

Timshel

How many of you Christians share your doubts with your children? How many of you tell them to question the bible? Or do you tell them not to question what they don't understand? Stay in the dark. Don't go out their, there are boogey men in the world who will fill your head with strange tales. Forget about your questions and just settle down to this horror movie I got from Redbox. Don't ask me any questions about it though.

I will tell my future children that god isn't real the same day I tell them santa claus and the easter bunny aren't real.

I'm going to tell my children, those future lucky souls, that madness is the divine calling from the dark gods and that no action you take, good or bad, will matter in a cosmic sense. At best they can hope to be mad worshippers.

I will tell my future children that god isn't real the same day I tell them santa claus and the easter bunny aren't real.

The Easter Bunny?? Not real?? LIAR LIAR. The Easter Bunny spoke to me and told me he was real, so there is proof! You had better watch what you say, young man. You'll be saying there is no such thing as the Tooth Fairy next. Then you'll be real trouble!

How many of you Christians share your doubts with your children? How many of you tell them to question the bible? Or do you tell them not to question what they don't understand? Stay in the dark. Don't go out their, there are boogey men in the world who will fill your head with strange tales. Forget about your questions and just settle down to this horror movie I got from Redbox. Don't ask me any questions about it though.

When my kids were old enough to question/argue with what we made them do re: religion (going to Mass, CCD etc.) I said "when you're 18 you can do whatever you want." When the older turned 18 he stopped going to church and said he was agnostic. We'll see what happens with the younger.

What makes me laugh about this is that some people (I don't mean you in particular) have the idea that kids can be programmed with their parents' beliefs and never throw them off. I know so many teenagers and young 20s who were brought up in a certain religion and either changed or stopped believing and practicing at a certain point.

Back