Raiders

cawacko

They are so so bad. They have passionate and supportive fans (it would be hard to stick with an organization this bad for this long) but my Facebook home page is just full of friends who are Raider fans just ripping on the team. They are not even competitive. It is ugly.

Back in the day Al Davis was ahead of his time in a lot of ways but now everything had passed him by.

They are so so bad. They have passionate and supportive fans (it would be hard to stick with an organization this bad for this long) but my Facebook home page is just full of friends who are Raider fans just ripping on the team. They are not even competitive. It is ugly.

Back in the day Al Davis was ahead of his time in a lot of ways but now everything had passed him by.
Come stand by me, amigo, KC isn't doing too well, either!

It could be worse. You could be a Bungles fan. Were looking at our second winning season in 20 years! LOL

Sorry Mott, it's still a lot harder to be a Browns fans. Time was good in the 80's, but seasons ended with a fumble, or a drive by John Elway. Then in the 90's we had Bill Belichek as our Head Coach and he kicks Kosar to the curb and puts in Testeverde. Team wasn't the same, then Modell just up and leaves Cleveland, and that team ends up winning a Super Bowl a couple seasons later. Made me want to vomit. Waited another 5 years for a team made out of scrubs and rookies. They've had 8 out of 10 losing seasons, rotating QB's trying to fix the problem, yet never accomplishing anything. Get a winning season, make it to the playoffs, lose first round. Wait a couple more years, get a winning season and don't make it to the playoffs because the last game of the year wasn't taken seriously by the Colts, so the Titans take our wild card. Go a couple more years of losing seasons... to be continued.

Yeah, I don't think there is any hope for the Raiders until Al is gone. But, frankly I see him as a fan's owner. That is, he runs the team the way many fans would and so you have an inconsistent mess.

It's true as long as Al is around the Raiders won't ever be a great team again. Still, they could have been decent if they had kept Garcia as the QB and benched Russell. I know they invested a lot in JaMarcus but that boy is flat out terrible.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/raiders_achieve_first_down

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—In an improbable display of competence and a basic execution of football fundamentals, the Oakland Raiders stunned the football world Sunday when running back Michael Bush miraculously rushed for three yards against the Giants and succeeded in converting a first down.

The Raiders, who fearlessly faced a third-and-one situation on their own 22-yard-line, somehow gained the 36 inches needed for an elusive first down, despite numerous obstacles that included a professional NFL defense, owner Al Davis' incompetent personnel decisions, mediocre play-calling, and general ineptitude.

"I cannot believe what I just saw," said CBS commentator Greg Gumbel, adding that he was amazed the Raiders advanced the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, let alone gained a full 10 yards. "The fact that they were out on the field for three consecutive plays without turning the ball over is incredible. But a first down? An actual first down from the Oakland Raiders? You…I mean—I just, I can't…"

"I'm speechless," Gumbel added.

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—In an improbable display of competence and a basic execution of football fundamentals, the Oakland Raiders stunned the football world Sunday when running back Michael Bush miraculously rushed for three yards against the Giants and succeeded in converting a first down.

The Raiders, who fearlessly faced a third-and-one situation on their own 22-yard-line, somehow gained the 36 inches needed for an elusive first down, despite numerous obstacles that included a professional NFL defense, owner Al Davis' incompetent personnel decisions, mediocre play-calling, and general ineptitude.

"I cannot believe what I just saw," said CBS commentator Greg Gumbel, adding that he was amazed the Raiders advanced the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, let alone gained a full 10 yards. "The fact that they were out on the field for three consecutive plays without turning the ball over is incredible. But a first down? An actual first down from the Oakland Raiders? You…I mean—I just, I can't…"

The rest of the league doesn't call them the Chokeland Faiders for nothing!

It's true as long as Al is around the Raiders won't ever be a great team again. Still, they could have been decent if they had kept Garcia as the QB and benched Russell. I know they invested a lot in JaMarcus but that boy is flat out terrible.
When Al goes they won't be the same team anymore. I remember when they were considered some of the dirtiest players ever.

:rofl:

Sorry Mott, it's still a lot harder to be a Browns fans. Time was good in the 80's, but seasons ended with a fumble, or a drive by John Elway. Then in the 90's we had Bill Belichek as our Head Coach and he kicks Kosar to the curb and puts in Testeverde. Team wasn't the same, then Modell just up and leaves Cleveland, and that team ends up winning a Super Bowl a couple seasons later. Made me want to vomit. Waited another 5 years for a team made out of scrubs and rookies. They've had 8 out of 10 losing seasons, rotating QB's trying to fix the problem, yet never accomplishing anything. Get a winning season, make it to the playoffs, lose first round. Wait a couple more years, get a winning season and don't make it to the playoffs because the last game of the year wasn't taken seriously by the Colts, so the Titans take our wild card. Go a couple more years of losing seasons... to be continued.
Granted the Clowns have had a lot of heart ache but they still don't match the Bungles record of futility. It's a good thing we've got the Buckeyes. Folks just don't know how hard it is here in the State that invented modern professional football to deal with two such losers.

Back