Ray Bradbury would've been 99 years old today...............

He passed away in June of 2012, at 91. Mr. Bradbury is my favorite author. His work sparked my interest in reading when I was 12-13 years old. I had the great fortune of meeting him a couple times in Phoenix, Arizona, in the 1980's, at his speaking engagements. He was wonderful to listen to. And very nice when he autographed a couple books for me. So Happy Birthday, Ray, wherever you may be. I have a feeling he's out among the stars...…..

I can't say enough good things about Mr. Bradbury's work. Everything he wrote is worth reading. If you've never read any of his books, I'd recommend Something Wicked This Way Comes (my favorite), The Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451 or The Illustrated Man.

he is in the twilight zone

He COULD be! One of his stories was made into an episode of the original Twilight Zone series. "I Sing The Body Electric" is the story of a man who has a VERY life-like grandmother made for his children after their mother dies at a young age.

I worked for awhile, with an often cranky, somewhat ill-tempered Englishman, whose name was one letter different from Ray Bradbury's.

Pretty good guy overall.

Just had to know how to deal with him.

Back