Remember The Rug!!

Cancel7

Banned
Ok, maybe it's not "Damn the torpedos boys, full speed ahead!" but I for one take heart in knowing that our boys and girls overseas have this new, and very clever and inspiring, battle cry from our penis in chief. 'Remember the Rug!"

And I just love the whole chicken-plucking sctick.

Mark Twain himself, could not have made this stuff up.

Some highlights:

_"Politics comes and goes, but your principles don't. And everybody wants to be loved _ not everybody. ... You never heard anybody say, `I want to be despised, I'm running for office.'"

_"The best thing about my family is my wife. She is a great first lady. I know that sounds not very objective, but that's how I feel. And she's also patient. Putting up with me requires a lot of patience."

_"There are jobs Americans aren't doing. ... If you've got a chicken factory, a chicken-plucking factory, or whatever you call them, you know what I'm talking about."

_"There are some similarities, of course" between Iraq and Vietnam. "Death is terrible."

_"I've been in politics long enough to know that polls just go poof at times."

As he has before, Bush told the story about how his first presidential decision was to pick a rug for the Oval Office, a task he quickly cast to his wife. He told her to make sure the rug reflected optimism "because you can't make decisions unless you're optimistic that the decisions you make will lead to a better tomorrow."

Later, when he talked about his hope for succeeding in Iraq, Bush said, "Remember the rug?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070419/bush-musings

The way things are in our country, I have concluded that, unfortuntely, it is the idiot himself who is running it!

sadly you are most likely right. But we as a country re-elected the fool so do we as a country deserve any better ?

Great post. Bush is a moron.

But, as much as I like to blame bush, let's face it. Over 50 million americans voted for him, both times. I blame them just as much.

Anyone with an IQ over 70 who saw the Gore debates in 2000, or the Kerry debates in 2004, knew that Bush was out of his league. A bumbling, incoherent rube, who's only debate skill appeared to be memorizing and parroting a few talking points. Poorly articulated at that.

And frankly, I'm real sick of the "If only Democrats would have given us someone better!" bullsh*t. Democrats didn't force anyone to pull the lever for an incompetent and uqualified idiot. That was a bush voter's choice.

Both cypress and usc make the same point, and I can't argue with it. We asked for it, we got it, and we deserve no better. I mean "we" as a nation. I certainly didn't ask for it, but I got it too! That's what you call some of that compassionate conservatism. They didn't want to keep their idiocy to themselves and spread the consequences of it around to all of us.

They didn't want to keep their idiocy to themselves and spread the consequences of it around to all of us.
//

It is a self serving thing , Stupiditiy is the only way they can propagate their species.

this is evidently from the same townhall forum bush had yesterday, as the rug comment

Yesterday at an event in Ohio, President Bush, aka “The Decider,” explained to the audience:

“My job is a job to make decisions. I’m a decision — if the job description were, what do you do — it’s decision-maker. And I make a lot of big ones, and I make a lot of little ones.”

This sounds like a 6th grader talking. Jesus. What a moron.

this is evidently from the same townhall forum bush had yesterday, as the rug comment

This sounds like a 6th grader talking. Jesus. What a moron.

A 6th grader? My niece is in 4th grade, and I am dead serious here, she never sounds like this. I would check her for a fever if she did. I think he is off his freaking gourd!

A 6th grader? My niece is in 4th grade, and I am dead serious here, she never sounds like this. I would check her for a fever if she did. I think he is off his freaking gourd!

lol- Totally! This is even below 6th grade vocabulary.

I mean, it's really unbelievable, isn't it? How did we end up with this primate?

You know when I was most embarrassed for my country? When he gave the female Prime Minister of Germany a back rub- Remember that?

lol- Totally! This is even below 6th grade vocabulary.

I mean, it's really unbelievable, isn't it? How did we end up with this primate?

You know when I was most embarrassed for my country? When he gave the female Prime Minister of Germany a back rub- Remember that?

Yes! I think most people cringed.

You know Cypress, there are rumors afoot that he's drinking, and even that his marriage on the rocks. I'm putting a link down below which addresses this. Now, I don't know if they are true, and I'm not saying that they are, but first of all, rumors that appeared in tabloids about the Clintons, routinely made it into the MSM, and these do not. Second of all, that he is back on the bottle, well, that would explain his behavior. It would really explain a lot, to me. So what if this is all true?

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2007/04/20/e-online-reports-bush-marriage-trouble/

You know Cypress, there are rumors afoot that he's drinking, and even that his marriage on the rocks. I'm putting a link down below which addresses this. Now, I don't know if they are true, and I'm not saying that they are, but first of all, rumors that appeared in tabloids about the Clintons, routinely made it into the MSM, and these do not. Second of all, that he is back on the bottle, well, that would explain his behavior. It would really explain a lot, to me. So what if this is all true?

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2007/04/20/e-online-reports-bush-marriage-trouble/

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've been loathe to speculate about his drinking or drug use, because it kinda seems like conspiracy theory, National Enquirer stuff.

But you know what? I think I told you I lived in Texas in the 1990s. I saw governor bush "in action". Back in the mid-1990s, Bush was fairly coherent, and could string together complete paragraphs in standard English.

What happened????

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've been loathe to speculate about his drinking or drug use, because it kinda seems like conspiracy theory, National Enquirer stuff.

But you know what? I think I told you I lived in Texas in the 1990s. I saw governor bush "in action". Back in the mid-1990s, Bush was fairly coherent, and could string together complete paragraphs in standard English.

What happened????

Yeah. This is a guy who was an admitted alcoholic, and who never went through any sort of treatment for it, but rather was 'cured" when he found Jesus. Guess what? I think that Ted haggard (no offense Ted!) is about as "cured" of being attracted to men because he re-embraced Jesus.

It is speculation, but I don't know that it is idle speculation. I mean, I think that there's something there to speculate about.

Yeah. This is a guy who was an admitted alcoholic, and who never went through any sort of treatment for it, but rather was 'cured" when he found Jesus. Guess what? I think that Ted haggard (no offense Ted!) is about as "cured" of being attracted to men because he re-embraced Jesus.

It is speculation, but I don't know that it is idle speculation. I mean, I think that there's something there to speculate about.

If you ever get to see video tape, of Bush's debate against Governor Ann Richards in 1994, watch closely.

Bush still seems like kind of a lightweight. But, he was much more coherent, and had a better grasp of the English language back then. He doesn't even seem like the same guy now. It's like he's lost 20 IQ points, or something. ;)

Great post. Bush is a moron.

But, as much as I like to blame bush, let's face it. Over 50 million americans voted for him, both times. I blame them just as much.

Anyone with an IQ over 70 who saw the Gore debates in 2000, or the Kerry debates in 2004, knew that Bush was out of his league. A bumbling, incoherent rube, who's only debate skill appeared to be memorizing and parroting a few talking points. Poorly articulated at that.

And frankly, I'm real sick of the "If only Democrats would have given us someone better!" bullsh*t. Democrats didn't force anyone to pull the lever for an incompetent and uqualified idiot. That was a bush voter's choice.

I'm just saying, if I lost to Bush I'd cry.

What are you gonna do watermark, when you have a republican party, 99% of whom would rather put party over country? Even in 1980, a lot of Democrats took a look at Carter, and said we need a change...many of them ended up voting for John Anderson, or Reagan.

We have a neoconservative party that refuses to act for the good of the country. To this day, I've yet to meet a republican who will admit that it would have been better if we had Gore or Kerry, than bush. Sure, they make excuses about marginal tax rates, and incremental differences in governement spending.

But, how the fuck does that even matter, when we have an incompetent chimpanzee in the white house, who has bungled us into an apocalyptic foreign policy failure, a war on the edge of defeat, and has utterly trashed america's standing in the world?

What are you gonna do watermark, when you have a republican party, 99% of whom would rather put party over country? Even in 1980, a lot of Democrats took a look at Carter, and said we need a change...many of them ended up voting for John Anderson, or Reagan.

We have a neoconservative party that refuses to act for the good of the country. To this day, I've yet to meet a republican who will admit that it would have been better if we had Gore or Kerry, than bush. Sure, they make excuses about marginal tax rates, and incremental differences in governement spending.

But, how the fuck does that even matter, when we have an incompetent chimpanzee in the white house, who has bungled us into an apocalyptic foreign policy failure, a war on the edge of defeat, and has utterly trashed america's standing in the world?
You're far too generous, Cypress. Or far too fixed on the Repukes. Yes, they're disgusting but then, so are a lot of other people.

How many people voted in 2004? Something like 110 million, I think. Do the math.

The Dimocrats nominated John Kerry. Okay, fine: I respected Kerry, too, once upon a time. Back when he actually stood for something and joined VVAW. Maybe they'll nominate Alec Baldwin next time: he used to have the respect of a lot of people! Or how about Steven Seagal?

Back