Remember when liberals objected to birthright citizenship?

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
8dyk7fmv8cv11.png

Russian 'birth tourists' are flocking to Miami, and Trump condos, to give birth to American citizens

https://theweek.com/speedreads/748344/russian-birth-tourists-are-flocking-miami-trump-condos-give-birth-american-citizens

8dyk7fmv8cv11.png

Russian 'birth tourists' are flocking to Miami, and Trump condos, to give birth to American citizens

https://theweek.com/speedreads/748344/russian-birth-tourists-are-flocking-miami-trump-condos-give-birth-american-citizens

Now all you've got to do is cite where "Liberals objected".

I won't hold my breath waiting...

Senator Harry Reid, once a top democrat, tried to do away with birthright citizenship. What a Nazi.

Well surprise surprise...

Nothing at ANY of the links to corroborate your claim that "Liberals objected".

But the alternet link does prove what a HYPOCRITE Trump is when he claims he wants to end birthright citizenship.

Thanks for doing my work for me!

Well surprise surprise...Nothing at ANY of the links to corroborate your claim that "Liberals objected". But the alternet link does prove what a HYPOCRITE Trump is when he claims he wants to end birthright citizenship. Thanks for doing my work for me!

NPR Trump bashers, Alternet commentators and the folks who complained about Russians renting Trump properties to have anchor babies aren't liberals?

I guess that little blue wave means Lita is a neo-Nazi. :rofl2:

Here's some text from the Alternet site which - according to Zappacrite - isn't liberal at all:

Owner Vera Muzyka told the Daily Beast that all of its clients “openly tell U.S. officials that they are coming for birth tourism.” (It’s worth noting that upper-income Chinese birth tourists in the U.S. have been targets of a crackdown.)

While the Trump Organization doesn’t profit much from these wealthy Russians (many sublet condos that are already bought and paid for, often by millionaire Russian owners), the Daily Beast notes the organization “does benefit from Russian patronage of the nearby Trump International Beach Resort.” The visibility of Russian birth tourists at Trump properties also says a tremendous amount about the view of Trump from Russia.

The trend also offers insight into the hypocrisy on the right around the immigration debate. These families will return to Russia after giving birth having not only enjoyed a luxe stay at a Trump property, but filled with the confidence that their babies’ American citizenship will allow them to receive financial aid at U.S. colleges and a leg up on opportunities at American companies. The greatest benefit is that at age 21, “he or she can also apply for family reunification, to get her parents and non-citizen siblings green cards to come to the U.S.”

Replace the Russians in this news item with wealthy Nigerians or Colombians, and you have the kind of story Fox News would use as fearbait. Switch out the Trump properties with buildings connected to Obama by the flimsiest thread, and the GOP might launch an investigation.

Now, dance some more.

Dance to my tune.

Dance!

What this article does show is that Trump will bitch when the "illegals" aren't renting his condos for their "illegal activity". Otherwise, he's fine with it.

This article shows that Liberals used to think somewhat differently on immigration. The Democrats are happy to pander to their base of Latino voters, as always politics over principles.

The myth, which liberals like myself find tempting, is that only the right has changed. In June 2015, we tell ourselves, Donald Trump rode down his golden escalator and pretty soon nativism, long a feature of conservative politics, had engulfed it. But that’s not the full story. If the right has grown more nationalistic, the left has grown less so. A decade ago, liberals publicly questioned immigration in ways that would shock many progressives today.

In 2005, a left-leaning blogger wrote, “Illegal immigration wreaks havoc economically, socially, and culturally; makes a mockery of the rule of law; and is disgraceful just on basic fairness grounds alone.” In 2006, a liberal columnist wrote that “immigration reduces the wages of domestic workers who compete with immigrants” and that “the fiscal burden of low-wage immigrants is also pretty clear.” His conclusion: “We’ll need to reduce the inflow of low-skill immigrants.” That same year, a Democratic senator wrote, “When I see Mexican flags waved at proimmigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.”

The blogger was Glenn Greenwald. The columnist was Paul Krugman. The senator was Barack Obama.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-democrats-immigration-mistake/528678/

Last edited:
Back