Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA), popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair

christiefan915

Catalyst
Another nasty conservative pol who has situational ethics regarding marriage and abortion.

"A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cell phone number that same day in response says, "I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will."

The congressman has been lauded by the Family Research Council, for his stance on abortion, as well as for family values, generally. He also has been endorsed by LifePAC, which opposes abortion rights, and is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, an affiliation that is often cited by his office.

The text message exchange was included among a series of documents obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...ff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

ANyone surprised??

Typical.. Put burdens on men & womens shoulders they are not willing to bear...............:palm:

Another nasty conservative pol who has situational ethics regarding marriage and abortion.

"A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cell phone number that same day in response says, "I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will."

The congressman has been lauded by the Family Research Council, for his stance on abortion, as well as for family values, generally. He also has been endorsed by LifePAC, which opposes abortion rights, and is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, an affiliation that is often cited by his office.

The text message exchange was included among a series of documents obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...ff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

I have never thought most rightwing dudes actually believe that a blastocyst is a human being.

I am pretty sure their opposition to reproductive choice is for entirely different reasons than they publically state, or are willing to admit.

I can't stand these kind of conservatives. All holier than thou, until it comes to their lives.

But, it is not just conservatives who are like this, many people are. I've known one for many years and have had to cut relations with him because his rank hypocrisy makes me sick. And he is most liberal with some right views.

Lori-Bakker-Beet-Powder-420x420.jpg

Color me shocked...SHOCKED I SAY...that yet another sanctimonious GOP congressman turns out to be just another "do as I say, not as I do" Rightie!

The holier than thou hypocrite preached down to you and I about faith and family and how abortion is WRONG, all while he was pressuring his MISTRESS to have an ABORTION.

Even more shocking is that a few JPP posters seem to be defending his lying, hypocritical ass.

I have never thought most rightwing dudes actually believe that a blastocyst is a human being.

I am pretty sure their opposition to reproductive choice is for entirely different reasons than they publically state, or are willing to admit.

Roger Ailes made a cable network career out of wailing about Bill Clintons consensual sexual affair, while Ailes spent a lifetime relentlessly and abusively sexually harassing women and female employees.

And who can forget that many of the Republican leading the charge against Clinton, were having illicit affairs of their own.

Roger Ailes made a cable network career out of wailing about Bill Clintons consensual sexual affair, while Ailes spent a lifetime relentlessly and abusively sexually harassing women and female employees.

And who can forget that many of the Republican leading the charge against Clinton, were having illicit affairs of their own.

Stop picking on newt the newt.:palm:

Given they nominated the most vile human to stink up the white house, is there a level so low they would not stoop??

Color me shocked...SHOCKED I SAY...that yet another sanctimonious GOP congressman turns out to be just another "do as I say, not as I do" Rightie!

The holier than thou hypocrite preached down to you and I about faith and family and how abortion is WRONG, all while he was pressuring his MISTRESS to have an ABORTION.

Even more shocking is that a few JPP posters seem to be defending his lying, hypocritical ass.

And you're not hypocritical about anything, right?

If there was truly a "silver lining" to the whole Clitnon/Lewinsky scandal, it was the sheer number of hypocritical GOP cheaters that got shaken out during the investigation.

One after another we witnessed sanctimonious GOP phonies who liked to preach down to you and I about their superior "moral values" get hoisted with one's own petard as it turned out they were just as guilty of infidelity as Clinton.

Back