Republicans anti illegal immigrant plan working.

uscitizen

Villified User
Dec 15, 5:16 AM EST

Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return

By IVAN MORENO
Associated Press Writer

DENVER (AP) -- After going months without a full-time job, Daniel Ramirez has decided it's time to return to family in Mexico.

Vicenta Rodriguez Lopez says she can't afford to live in Colorado any more because her husband was deported.

Roberto Espinoza is going back, too. After 18 years as a mechanic for a General Motors dealership in Denver, his work permit wasn't renewed and he didn't want to remain in the country illegally.

All are leaving Colorado in time for Christmas - joining a traditional holiday migration that will number almost 1 million people, says Mexico's interior ministry. But they have no intention of returning to Colorado, a place that promised prosperity.

Layoffs, dwindling job opportunities, anti-immigrant sentiment and the crackdown on illegal immigrants are forcing hard choices on many Mexican nationals in Colorado. Though not an exodus, some are returning to a nation they haven't seen in years.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/RETURN_TO_MEXICO?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I've heard alot of rumors about that but have never been able to verify it. Hell, i'd loved to have had it be true. it would have saved me a fortune on my wifes meds.

It is true. How large of a movement it is I am not sure, but I do have friends and relatives in TX that do it.

as long as texas gets to stop footing 700 million dollars a year in medical aid for illegals, i'm all for it.

And how many tens of billions would your economy lose? How many tax dollars does that add up to? Probably more than the paltry emergency care you are required to give in consideration for human rights.

And how many tens of billions would your economy lose? How many tax dollars does that add up to? Probably more than the paltry emergency care you are required to give in consideration for human rights.

considering that most texas money is derived off of the very lucrative IT market, I doubt very seriously that it's any more than 10% of total state revenues.

Also, that 700 million isn't emergency care, it's regular care provided in non-emeregency situations. I don't have a problem with providing life saving emergency care. That would be downright ugly of me. I'm not that much of a leftist.

considering that most texas money is derived off of the very lucrative IT market, I doubt very seriously that it's any more than 10% of total state revenues.

Yeah I'm not familiar with the Texas budget. I just know it's a lot bigger than the Mississippi one.

Does the state pay for the care directly?

How about those Texicans who drive to Mexico to buy their prescription medicines ?

I've heard alot of rumors about that but have never been able to verify it. Hell, i'd loved to have had it be true. it would have saved me a fortune on my wifes meds.

It is true. How large of a movement it is I am not sure, but I do have friends and relatives in TX that do it.

I don't know about Texans jumping the border for drugs, but I can tell you when I was in Tijuana a couple of years ago there were "drugstores" on every corner advertising every kind of prescription drug you could think of at what seemed like very low prices. I couldn't help buy wonder how much of it was legitimate drugs and how much was sugar pills.

Who the hell would buy something like that from a "pharmacist" without a license?

Immie

I don't know about Texans jumping the border for drugs, but I can tell you when I was in Tijuana a couple of years ago there were "drugstores" on every corner advertising every kind of prescription drug you could think of at what seemed like very low prices. I couldn't help buy wonder how much of it was legitimate drugs and how much was sugar pills.

Who the hell would buy something like that from a "pharmacist" without a license?

Immie

cocane, crack, meth, etc....

Plenty of market out there.

Back