Republicans Throwing Out Playbook: Will Stop Stressing War On Terrorism; War In Iraq

Prakosh

I know it is hard to believe but the Republicans are throwing away the play book that has won them the last three elections and have decided that it is no longer going to be enough to tout their great advances in the War on Terrorism and the War in Iraq. No, they don't even want to talk about that anymore. I wonder why they ran that ad about bin Laden saying how he was coming to get us for sure soon and only they could defend us, but never mind, they are turning the corner on Iraq as in directing their candidates to not talk about it anymore. I know this sounds weird, but that is what they are doing. I don't know what to think of this. But my mind is just a small pea and I can't figure out the thinking of the people with all the ideas. But here's an even bigger surprise: remember how when gas prices were going through the roof the President and the members of the House and Senate said it was all market place stuff and there was nothing they could do about it and we would just have to deal with the higher prices because it was all controlled by the market place. Not true. Now it is the Republicans who have given us this great relief at the gas pump. Yeah, I bet you are as surprised as I was. Well, I guess good news has a thousand fathers. So here it is more bullshit from the right enjoy!!!!

Frist to GOP hopefuls: Don't stress Iraq

21 minutes ago

CONCORD, N.H. - Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist says if Republican candidates want to succeed on Election Day, they should turn their focus away from the Iraq war.

"The challenge is to get Americans to focus on pocketbook issues, and not on the Iraq and terror issue," Frist said in an interview with the Concord Monitor on Tuesday.

Frist suggested that Republicans remind voters of subjects like tax cuts and lower gas prices, the result, he said, of the energy bill passed by Congress last year.

"These are all things the media has not covered," Frist said. "People don't say, 'This Congress passed tax cuts.' But that means something to every American."

Frist, a possible candidate for the presidency in 2008, visited New Hampshire on Tuesday to help local Republicans running for office and to accompany his wife, Karyn, on a promotional tour for her new book.

Frist, who is retiring from the Senate when his term expires at the end of this year, said he has been campaigning for candidates in his native Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa and New Hampshire. He said those trips have shown him a "worried, discontented and confused" electorate, with voters fed up with the politics of Washington.

Frist suggested two issues that Republicans should use to highlight their differences with Democrats: homeland security and taxes. He criticized Democratic opposition to renewing the Patriot Act as "not equipping the government and military with the best tools to defeat terrorists." He also said proposals by Democrats to repeal tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans would be a drain on all taxpayers.

Full Surprising Tale Of Woe

Republicans didn't say that, Frist did and he said the economy should be first but he also said national security was important.

>>Frist suggested two issues that Republicans should use to highlight their differences with Democrats: homeland security and taxes

Back