Requesting Suggestions

ThatOwlWoman

Leftist Vermin
My kids' aunt, my former sister-in-law, passed away suddenly last week. Instead of flowers we would like to donate in her name to a charity or rescue for kitties/cats, since they were her favorites. The family lives in Missouri, so a national or local one that has a good reputation would be appreciated. Thanks.

There should be some kind of charitable organization guide online somewhere that lists and rates charities of all kinds.

You could google the area looking for the closest no-kill shelter. You could also check with the fire department in that area to see if they had a fund for donations. etc related to providing EMS services to pets in fires. Our PD's doggy armor was all donated and the fire department received donations of equipment and training to help them be able to provide CPR, O2, etc to pets after a story about them trying to resuscitate some pets after a fire but were unable to give effective CPR to them ran in the paper.

My kids' aunt, my former sister-in-law, passed away suddenly last week. Instead of flowers we would like to donate in her name to a charity or rescue for kitties/cats, since they were her favorites. The family lives in Missouri, so a national or local one that has a good reputation would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's a great idea.
The only suggestion I have is to contact the local Humane Society, and they might have some leads for you.

:tombarf:

You had to come to a message board for this?

OK

“Gee I am so sorry for your loss”

And

“You are such a wonderful person to think of others”

Happy?

Here is a site

www.killyourselfdead.org

You could google the area looking for the closest no-kill shelter. You could also check with the fire department in that area to see if they had a fund for donations. etc related to providing EMS services to pets in fires. Our PD's doggy armor was all donated and the fire department received donations of equipment and training to help them be able to provide CPR, O2, etc to pets after a story about them trying to resuscitate some pets after a fire but were unable to give effective CPR to them ran in the paper.

That's a great idea.... thanks!

Back