Researching moving to Catalina island

Topspin

Verified User
Looking at doing a long term rental soon to see if we want to move their. It's there or lake tahoe to start early retirement.

I'm looking at Ashville, NC at my retirment destination. It's got a gorgeous back drop in the mountains off the Blue Ridge Parkway and is reasonable distance to Raleigh, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Hilton Head, Atlanta, Knoxville, Spartanburg/Greenville, Columbia, Athens, Savannah, etc.

I'm looking at Ashville, NC at my retirment destination. It's got a gorgeous back drop in the mountains off the Blue Ridge Parkway and is reasonable distance to Raleigh, Myrtle Beach, Charlotte, Hilton Head, Atlanta, Knoxville, Spartanburg/Greenville, Columbia, Athens, Savannah, etc.

One of my tennis buddies has a vacation home in the mountains of nc. Were also talking about trying lake tahoe or Denver as we wouldn't have to sell our cars.

There ain't much on Catalina...

Good call, man! It sounds like HELL on earth!

Catalina Island
12262960461nc9k9f.jpg

What the f is topspin thinking!!!???

Yo........

p.s., Topper, I'll get back to you hasta luego and rap about Tahoe and the cent coast. I gotta split. Hope you have some bling man! Outstanding news on the early retirement bro....where do I sign up for that? !

Last edited:
Good call, man! It sounds like HELL on earth!

Catalina Island
12262960461nc9k9f.jpg

What the f is topspin thinking!!!???

Yo........

p.s., Topper, I'll get back to you hasta luego and rap about Tahoe and the cent coast. I gotta split. Hope you have some bling man! Outstanding news on the early retirement bro....where do I sign up for that? !

I didn't say it wasn't nice, I just said there isn't much there. It's a great place to visit, spend a long weekend anchored in the cove there. I'm just not sure living there year round is all it's cracked up to be. I've known people who lived there, they damn near went stir crazy.

I didn't say it wasn't nice, I just said there isn't much there. It's a great place to visit, spend a long weekend anchored in the cove there. I'm just not sure living there year round is all it's cracked up to be. I've known people who lived there, they damn near went stir crazy.

Stark raving mad would be a much better advertisement...

The wife is now leaning heavily towards Napa, she's found a very nice long term rental.
We are looking also at a three story 1,700 ft 2&2 on a postage stamp lot for about what we paid here, and it sold for double that price in 2005. I'm not giving up on convincing her on Catalina, but she's thinking along Normans line. We hear people talk about wanting to get off the rock while there. lol

Back