Response to CharacterAssassin being banned

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Peridot wrote
I want to make a point of order. It was suggested that we may be light in our punishment because this user was new. That is, obviously, not the case. Were it that there was some ambiguity in their multiple rule breaking posts that may be the case. But there wasn't. We expect you to READ THE RULES. When you sign up for this board you agree that you have in fact read them and will follow them. We are very lax when it comes to almost anything here at JPP. But Rule 1 and Rule 12 are very serious things to us.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to imply or accuse someone with pedophilia. :palm:

Honestly, I've become so desensitized to this forum and its predecessors, that I probably wouldn't react much were it not for the existence of 12b.

Honestly, I've become so desensitized to this forum and its predecessors, that I probably wouldn't react much were it not for the existence of 12b.

I honestly believe that most new posters don't even read the rules; even when it tells you to, when you sign up.

Peridot wrote

What I don't understand is why anyone would want to imply or accuse someone with pedophilia. :palm:
Good question. Or post personal, private information without consent. Perhaps someone still here will explain why they have to do that?
Break both 1 and 12b...now what does that say about someone? smh....

Peridot wrote

Because they have failed with ever other ad hom, so go lower and lower in attempt to obtain the desired effect. These types, and we have a long list of them here, are intellectually inferior, incapable of rational debate.

I think you are all overreacting.....given his choice of the name "Character Assassin", wasn't it obvious he would eventually accuse someone of being a pedophile?......

I honestly believe that most new posters don't even read the rules; even when it tells you to, when you sign up.

The rules are just common sense and proper behavior. I was shocked that the language used here (yes I've used it also) was allowed.

The rules are just common sense and proper behavior. I was shocked that the language used here (yes I've used it also) was allowed.

I first started posting on this forum's predecessors back in the fall of 2002, when I was 16. The toxic level of discourse and trolling/flaming was very surprising to me (especially when middle-aged adults were doing it). Over 15 years later, and it hasn't phased me in quite a while.

Back