Retailers Report Sluggish July Sales

uscitizen

Villified User
Retailers Report Sluggish July Sales

Aug 9, 10:15 PM (ET)

By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO

NEW YORK (AP) - The sluggish sales that have dogged the nation's retailers this year are the result of two quite different sets of problems: Consumers are cautious - they're paying more for gasoline and watching their home values fall. And, the stores just don't seem to have the merchandise that people want to buy.

As retailers reported generally disappointing July sales results Thursday, it was clear that the weakening housing market and more expensive gas had shoppers limiting their trips to the mall and, when they did go, buying tentatively, following a pattern that began back in February.

But analysts say stores can't blame all their problems on macro-economic conditions. Even teen retailers like Pacific Sunwear of California Inc. (PSUN) and Wet Seal Inc. (WTSLA), which tend to be least vulnerable to the whims of the economy, had a bad month. That suggests to analysts that stores are not serving up the most exciting products.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070810/D8QTSL600.html

Not sure how they come to the second conclusion, toppers advise maybe ?

your a moron, trolling for negative news after ignoring good news for 2 yrs.
Economies go up and down, in the long run up.
Chicken littles like you are eventually right, but you don't have as much as those who believed in America the whole time.
Class dissmissed grasshopper

Chicken littles like you are eventually right, but you don't have as much as those who believed in America the whole time.

What does this have to do wit believing in america. Maybe people are realizing the hyperconsumerism culture is bullshit.

LOL, I have been posting negative stuff for more than 2 years there guy.
these problems did not spring up overnite....
A good teacher listens to their students. I guess you got fired for not passing the new teaching standards ?

I think spinner wrote this article, sales are down because retailers are not offering the right merchandise ?
yeah right!
The higher gas costs, debt load, bankruptcies, etc are just a minor thing compared to not having the right merchandise on the shelves ?

no shit usmoron, and it took 2 years for you to even see a chink in the armor.
Smart investors have made a bundle in the last two years as you, desh, and cypress castro spout the wo is me crybabby shit.:clink:

Smart investors have made a bundle in the last two years as you, desh, and cypress castro spout the wo is me crybabby shit.:clink:

I do not know your posts, butt, I sense that you are posting in an attempt to impress me? Almost as if you think you are going to knock RJS off of the top of the posting heap, butt, I do not see that in your future, if you memorize my posts, and study them, you may make it to be a mid-lister, I see you topping out there,Toppy? LOL

What the heck are you talking about 2 yrs ?

Smart investors might make a bundle but that is beside the point.
Wake up market worshipper, the market is not all this country is about.

Back