RIP Eddie Van Halen

Rest in Peace? He's dead. You're an atheist. WTF?

As it is, Eddie Van Halen was a great guitarist in a great band.

This article notes he was also a great father and suffered through cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-dead/index.html
Eddie Van Halen, the renowned lead guitarist of iconic rock group Van Halen, has died, according to a social media post by his son. He was 65.

"He was the best father I could ever ask for," his son, Wolf Van Halen, wrote in a note posted to Twitter. "Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift."

Wolf Van Halen, Eddie and Valerie Bertinelli's son, said his father died after a "long and arduous battle with cancer" on Tuesday morning. Van Halen went on to marry actress Janie Liszewski in 2009.

"My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss," he added.

Eddie Van Halen, whose full name was Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, and his brother Alex Van Halen began performing together as teens, but formed the core of what would later become Van Halen after meeting David Lee Roth.

Over four decades, Van Halen released more than a dozen albums together.

Van Halen's guitar wizardry anchored the band through four turbulent decades of platinum albums, sold out tours and a revolving door of lead singers, from David Lee Roth to Sammy Hagar to Gary Cherone and back to Hagar and Roth again.

Rest in Peace? He's dead. You're an atheist. WTF?

As it is, Eddie Van Halen was a great guitarist in a great band.

This article notes he was also a great father and suffered through cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-dead/index.html
Eddie Van Halen, the renowned lead guitarist of iconic rock group Van Halen, has died, according to a social media post by his son. He was 65.

"He was the best father I could ever ask for," his son, Wolf Van Halen, wrote in a note posted to Twitter. "Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift."

Wolf Van Halen, Eddie and Valerie Bertinelli's son, said his father died after a "long and arduous battle with cancer" on Tuesday morning. Van Halen went on to marry actress Janie Liszewski in 2009.

"My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss," he added.

Eddie Van Halen, whose full name was Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, and his brother Alex Van Halen began performing together as teens, but formed the core of what would later become Van Halen after meeting David Lee Roth.

Over four decades, Van Halen released more than a dozen albums together.

Van Halen's guitar wizardry anchored the band through four turbulent decades of platinum albums, sold out tours and a revolving door of lead singers, from David Lee Roth to Sammy Hagar to Gary Cherone and back to Hagar and Roth again.

He was more than just a great guitarist. He changed rock guitar overnight.

He was more than just a great guitarist. He changed rock guitar overnight.

Eddie Van Halen certainly had impact on rock, but I don't believe in Rock Gods...I just like them a lot.
party0007.gif
party0030.gif

I thought I heard something like that once, but I don't know. He did smoke cigarettes, though.

“I used metal picks -- they’re brass and copper -- which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer,” he said. “Plus, I basically live in a recording studio that’s filled with electromagnetic energy. So that’s one theory. I mean, I was smoking and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it’s possible.”

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-dead

VH's debut album blew our minds in high school. Eddie's guitar work was revolutionary.

VH was also one of the few bands who covered vintage rock songs, and made them sound better than the original.

I saw them in 78 when they were touring their first concert. It was a four band show and Van Halen was the first act followed by Journey, then the Atlantic Rythm Section and the Doobie Brothers as top billing.

I can’t say they stole the show but it was the best first act i ever saw.

No, he got windmill cancer.

He blamed metal guitar picks.

Eddie Van Halen thinks he developed cancer from sucking on metal guitar picks, but a doctor says this probably isn't true

https://www.insider.com/eddie-van-halen-probably-didnt-get-cancer-from-guitar-pick-2019-10

VH's debut album blew our minds in high school. Eddie's guitar work was revolutionary.

VH was also one of the few bands who covered vintage rock songs, and made them sound better than the original.

VH was held in high esteem. But most of us punks in high school garage bands stuck to playing AC/DC, Aerosmith, Def Leopard, Scorpions. The reason: Eddie was too much of a virtuoso to attempt to emulate. People do not realize it, but his brother Alex was a under rated drummer. The only VH tune I remember attempting as a garage band was Pretty Woman - and that is because it was a Roy Orbison tune and within reach of us untalented hacks attempting to play.

VH was held in high esteem. But most of us punks in high school garage bands stuck to playing AC/DC, Aerosmith, Def Leopard, Scorpions. The reason: Eddie was too much of a virtuoso to attempt to emulate. People do not realize it, but his brother Alex was a under rated drummer. The only VH tune I remember attempting as a garage band was Pretty Woman - and that is because it was a Roy Orbison tune and within reach of us untalented hacks attempting to play.

1982_black4.jpg

RIP Eddie, and the band Van Halen.

And yes, Alex was underrated. He is an excellent drummer.

Back