Rodger Moore Passing

Yeah, that's always fun. The same thing happened often on M*A*S*H. I grew-up watching the old RKO movie series which mostly featured George Saunders as The Saint, but also had Louis Hayward and Hugh Sinclair in the role.

Yeah, that's always fun. The same thing happened often on M*A*S*H. I grew-up watching the old RKO movie series which mostly featured George Saunders as The Saint, but also had Louis Hayward and Hugh Sinclair in the role.

I've been to Khao Phing Kan aka James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay, used in the Man With The Golden Gun. A bit of a tourist trap but the bay itself is spectacular.

061ae654e9a493312a3a1e28346cf8cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

Not my favorite 007, although he was quite good as the Saint, but I am a franchise fan, and he had his moments. Made it to 89, and apparently succumbed to cancer. My next martini is to Sir Roger!

:cheers:

He wasn't as good as Connery, but he understood some of the silliness of the part and took it for what it was. He didn't do the franchise harm and I liked him.

He was also great in Cannonball Run making fun of himself

He wasn't as good as Connery, but he understood some of the silliness of the part and took it for what it was. He didn't do the franchise harm and I liked him.

He was also great in Cannonball Run making fun of himself

I wonder if he would have taken the role more seriously if he would have gotten the part back in 1962 as the producers had intended.

I wonder if he would have taken the role more seriously if he would have gotten the part back in 1962 as the producers had intended.

Maybe. But (and I say this as a fan of the franchise I have every movie) it is kind of silly that he is known by every bartender and is a spy. Moore saw through that silliness and took it as it was.

Back