Ron Paul

Cancel7

Banned
I feel kinda sorry for him. I'm watching the debates. You can't go in front of a con audience, and up against cons, and actually make the radical claim that we might not have been attacked because "they hate our freedoms". And you can't mention "blowback", and you cannot imply that we might have done some stuff to piss people off. Because all cons want to hear, and all smart con politicians will say is, we never do anything wrong, and those A-rabs wanna kill us because they are just funny that way. America is great, and anyone who doesn't like America is just a hateful person who should be killed, but preferably, tortured first.

If he gets out of the building alive, he can consider himself lucky, the poor bastard.

I wish p.com was still alive. I had a long disortation about why they attacked us that I wrote just after the attacks.

He was right about the non-intervention policy though. It is one of the main things I dislike about Bush. He RAN on that one.

The audience, (this is a FOX audience) is really funny. They applauded Rudy when he pretty much said "torture, yeaaaah" and they applauded Mitt when he said he didn't want "them" to have lawyers and he wanted to "double Gitmo" whatever that means.

This is the crowd Ron Paul tried to bring up some of our past actions on the world stage to. Really bad idea. All they want to hear is "America is the Greatest and let's torture anyone who disagrees!" Applause, applause!

I find it really amusing, because it's like a Saturday night live skit. They are all trying to one up each other telling how little regard they have for any life other than American life, and how quickly they would torture someone. I wonder how many in the audience have erections?

It's just fabulous.

I wish p.com was still alive. I had a long disortation about why they attacked us that I wrote just after the attacks.

He was right about the non-intervention policy though. It is one of the main things I dislike about Bush. He RAN on that one.

Well, did you write something deeper than "they attacked us because they hate our freedoms"? I am assuming so.

Well, did you write something deeper than "they attacked us because they hate our freedoms"? I am assuming so.
Quite a bit. It was a more "what would I feel like if I were them" type of thing. Nobody read it because it wasn't in the General area. It was in one of the areas that only the oncelers were ever posting in...

You know the ones that come on once ask some inane question then disappear.

Quite a bit. It was a more "what would I feel like if I were them" type of thing. Nobody read it because it wasn't in the General area. It was in one of the areas that only the oncelers were ever posting in...

You know the ones that come on once ask some inane question then disappear.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that you are such good friends with Tancredo.

Damo, is one of your special powers the ability to see me when I am invisible, and see what I am doing? I have always wondered about this rather stupid thing, idly. I don't know why.

I feel kinda sorry for him. I'm watching the debates. You can't go in front of a con audience, and up against cons, and actually make the radical claim that we might not have been attacked because "they hate our freedoms". And you can't mention "blowback", and you cannot imply that we might have done some stuff to piss people off. Because all cons want to hear, and all smart con politicians will say is, we never do anything wrong, and those A-rabs wanna kill us because they are just funny that way. America is great, and anyone who doesn't like America is just a hateful person who should be killed, but preferably, tortured first.

If he gets out of the building alive, he can consider himself lucky, the poor bastard.

Seriously, I think a saw a couple of fat, white guys in the audience, with veins bulging out of their foreheads ready to pop, when Paul was talking. I hope Ron Paul is packing tonight. This is one time I agree with concealed handguns in a public venue. ;)

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that you are such good friends with Tancredo.

Damo, is one of your special powers the ability to see me when I am invisible, and see what I am doing? I have always wondered about this rather stupid thing, idly. I don't know why.
Yeah, I can see the invisibles. And what area of the forum you are in. I have not ever given out that information to another. And I won't.

Yeah, I can see the invisibles. And what area of the forum you are in. I have not ever given out that information to another. And I won't.

Yeah I know you wouldn't. I doubt anyone is all that curious about what I'm doing anyway. I was just wondering.

Seriously, I think a saw a couple of fat, white guys in the audience, with veins bulging out of their foreheads ready to pop, when Paul was talking. I hope Ron Paul is packing tonight. This is one time I agree with concealed handguns in a public venue. ;)

You saw the debate? Wasn't it something? I find the whole group of them to be alternately very scary, and very funny. I feel as if I'm always torn between fear and laughing out loud at their incredible buffoonery.

I did not watch the debate and only read briefly about it this morning. I thought I read Paul referenced Reagan and the '86 Lebanon bombings and the U.S. pulling out afterwards. My understanding was Paul supported the pullout and thought Reagan did the right thing.

Post 9/11 Reagan has taken a lot of heat for pulling out as Osama referenced it in calling the U.S. a paper tiger.

In my limited knowledge base it seems pulling out did embolden the terrorists and ultimately led to more disaster down the road for the U.S. However I'm sure there could be an argument made as to why it was the right thing to do.

Do you agree with Ron Paul that Reagan did the right thing by pulling out?

I did not watch the debate and only read briefly about it this morning. I thought I read Paul referenced Reagan and the '86 Lebanon bombings and the U.S. pulling out afterwards. My understanding was Paul supported the pullout and thought Reagan did the right thing.

Post 9/11 Reagan has taken a lot of heat for pulling out as Osama referenced it in calling the U.S. a paper tiger.

In my limited knowledge base it seems pulling out did embolden the terrorists and ultimately led to more disaster down the road for the U.S. However I'm sure there could be an argument made as to why it was the right thing to do.

wow, I must have missed that part of it. I didn't see the whole debate, true, but I did see where he was attacked for "saying that the US invited 9/11" which is not what he said. From what he said last night, my guess would be that he would have had a problem with us ever being in Lebanon in the first place. So we wouldn't have had to pull out after they blew our asses up. They blew us up in Lebanon why? Not because they hated our freedoms. Because we were there. So I think he is being completely misquoted here, but I'd like to see the whole segment you are talking about, so that I can judge that. i mean, I sat there and actually watched four different people claim he said we "invited 9/11" when he used no such term. so I have my doubts.

Not that I am ever voting for ron paul, but my God, it amazes me how they will twist the words of anyone who steps out of line.

Yes. I do. In that case there was no US interest in the area other than what we had put there at that time.

It did cause a later face-off where we made Khadaffi back down from a position taken. But I do not think it caused 9/11. That would be spin in an extreme. Of course, OBL is not beneath spinning one thing and ignoring the later action that took place.

Seriously, he took heat from Rs for leaving. But name the real US interest that should have escalated that conflict.

Here is the paragraph I found on Ron Paul. It looks like in my quick browsing I misread what he said.

Paul offered perhaps the most unusual twist in the discussion, citing President Reagan's decision to pull U.S. troops out of Lebanon after a terrorist bombing. "Reagan addressed this subject in his memoirs. And he says, 'I said I would never turn tail and run…. But I never realized the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics,' and he changed his policy there. We need the courage of a Ronald Reagan."

Here is the paragraph I found on Ron Paul. It looks like in my quick browsing I misread what he said.

Paul offered perhaps the most unusual twist in the discussion, citing President Reagan's decision to pull U.S. troops out of Lebanon after a terrorist bombing. "Reagan addressed this subject in his memoirs. And he says, 'I said I would never turn tail and run…. But I never realized the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics,' and he changed his policy there. We need the courage of a Ronald Reagan."

Paul advocates the US getting out of the mid-east Cawacko.

Back