RSR - Is everything better?

I heard you were going through some health issues.

You okay man?

I have Stage Three Colon Cancer. Right now I have had pain in the lower bladder area fo about 6 months

I have more tests on Tues to try and find out what is causing the pain

Thank you for asking

That is good to know, what does "Stage 3" mean?

It's better than Stage 4, but it means that the disease has progressed past the initial phases and is serious. It probably hasn't metastasized yet, so it's good that it has been caught. As the stages progress, treatments become increasingly radical, though. I do hope that RSR's condition is early stage 3; the prognosis should be positive with treatment, but it's a hella scary thing to go through.

I know I want to avoid it, if possible. It's one of the reasons I quit smoking. It makes you susceptible to any form of cancer.

I know I want to avoid it, if possible. It's one of the reasons I quit smoking. It makes you susceptible to any form of cancer.

Same here. I learned that smoking not only is carcinogenic in itself in terms of lung and mouth cancers, but it can suppress the immune system, thereby having a permissive effect on the development of other cancers as well. My father died of leukemia, not lung cancer, and smoked the equivalent of four packs per day. I never got remotely close to that kind of consumption, but felt that I'd pushed my luck long enough. I've never for an instant regretted quitting, and that was 13 years ago.

Back