RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Brownback mountain

Favorite of religious right moves toward White House bid

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- Republican Sen. Sam Brownback, a favorite of the religious right, said Monday he is taking the first step toward launching a bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination.

A vigorous abortion opponent, the Kansas senator pledged to make "issues of life," fiscal restraint and tax reform key components of his effort to woo supporters.

"I have decided, after much prayerful consideration, to consider a bid for the Republican nomination for the presidency," Brownback said in a statement. "There is a real need in our country to rebuild the family and renew our culture and there is a need for genuine conservatism and real compassion in the national discussion."

He also announced 20 members of his exploratory advisory committee, an eclectic mix ranging from anti-abortion activists to business executives, including: Domino's Pizza founder Tom Monaghan, former Major League Baseball commissioner Bowie Kuhn, and the Rev. Frank Pavone, head of the advocacy group Priests for Life.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/04/brownback.2008.ap/index.html

So what bush was giving was fake Kompassion?

I say run for the hills... If he wins, i think ill move to canada seriously....

this country is not a theocracy...

Nah. The dems have the house locked up next go round. Provided we don't nominate Hillary.

Why would we elect a guy who is going to be "raptured" off the planet, just when the going gets tough with the upcoming battle between good & evil? That's like electing a Senator who you know is going to run for the White House 2 years into his term...

Why would we elect a guy who is going to be "raptured" off the planet, just when the going gets tough with the upcoming battle between good & evil? That's like electing a Senator who you know is going to run for the White House 2 years into his term...

Exactly. Why should he even be bothered in politics?

LOL - that's funny!

Nah. The dems have the house locked up next go round. Provided we don't nominate Hillary.

With McCain playing to the religious right base, wouldn't it be something if he and Brownback split the religious whacko vote, and left the authoritarian whackos to pick Newt as the nominee?

I never even thought of that. That's pretty funny.

Back