Safety tip lock your car to prevent intruders.

I always thought locking your car was a given. Even in rural areas you still have kids that get into things. When I was 2 I got into a car, and put it in reverse not knowing any better. Luckily they don't make vehicles that way anymore.

I always think people that lock their cars are from poor areas. Course, there was that one time somebody stuck a key in my ignition switch and broke it off, ... that was kind of a bummer. :(

Never lock my truck because one the door locks is broken. At least the window on that side works sometimes. If anybody broke into it, all they could get would be 28 years worth of dirt out of the carpet, a bungee cord, and a broken windshield wiper arm :innocent:

Always lock my car though as I keep my checkbook and usually about $300-$500 in cash in the center arm rest.

I stopped locking mine after two broken windows.

hahahaha ... that happened to me in Baltimore. I came back to my car in this Parking Lot and my side window was broken. I didn't have anything to steal but locked my car anyway. Yeah, that was about the time I realized that 'Locking my car, meant I had something worth stealing'. That was ...mmm... 50 years ago. :)

We've had several car break-ins in the 'hood here over the years. Some smashed windows, one of my neighbors had a pistol stolen out of his car. I have always locked my car, in or out of the garage. When I leave for the weekend I lock the cars inside the garage and take the keys with me...

I also have 18W LED floodlights making it look like daylight where my Jeep is parked.

Back