Saudi Arabia to jail and whip woman who was gang raped

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Woman who gets gang raped, faces whippings and jail time.

Someday, were going to pay a price for supporting these despots....Oh wait, we already are. It was saudi arabians who attacked us on 9/11, even while Bush fans were, and are asking us to bomb Iraq and Iran.

Saudi gang-rape victim is jailed

By Frances Harrison
BBC News

An appeal court in Saudi Arabia has doubled the number of lashes and added a jail sentence as punishment for a woman who was gang-raped.

The victim was initially punished for violating laws on segregation of the sexes - she was in an unrelated man's car at the time of the attack.

When she appealed, the judges said she had been attempting to use the media to influence them.

The attackers' sentences - originally of up to five years - were doubled.

Extra penalties

According to the Arab News newspaper, the 19-year-old woman, who is from Saudi Arabia's Shia minority, was gang-raped 14 times in an attack in the eastern province a year-and-a-half ago.

Seven men from the majority Sunni community were found guilty of the rape and sentenced to prison terms ranging from just under a year to five years.

But the victim was also punished for violating Saudi Arabia's laws on segregation that forbid unrelated men and women from associating with each other. She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7096814.stm

***sigh***

Are you liberals now proposing we make a pre-emptive strike on Saudi Arabia?
Yes the Saudis as well as Iraq and Iran treat their women badly...why don't you go over there and show them how you would correct this problemo...?

addendum:not to forget Syria,Afghansitan and all other devout Islam Countries...hit em all eh?...now ya got the message...!

Last edited:
I think we should all get together and buy AssHat a one-way, first class ticket to Saudi Arabia. He'll fit right in. I'm sure they'll have him converted within a month or two and then his life will be fulfilled.

I think we should all get together and buy AssHat a one-way, first class ticket to Saudi Arabia. He'll fit right in. I'm sure they'll have him converted within a month or two and then his life will be fulfilled.

Dixie too. He was on record, as personally believing that a woman should be stoned to death, for getting an abortion.

I never advocated any pre-emptive strike.

But technically we had more reason to attack Saudia Arabia over 911 than we did to attack Iraq.

he feels a kinship with you due to the white-trash truck/piece of junk your peddling lots of those in Kentucky

addressing the Veternarains silly comment...which you joyously...approved and commented on...now answer the simple question asked...reading comprehension 101 DOC!
Egads! I feel like I've wandered onto the set of the "Spin Dry Zone" or something. :rolleyes:

Which of Cypress's comments did you find "silly", specifically?

No, I don't advocate invading Saudi Arabia. However bad they have it, killing them is worse. On the other hand, any assertion that Iraq at the time of our invasion was somehow worse than Saudi Arabia is pretty funny, under the circumstances.

No, I don't think that this sort of behavior is general within Islam. Muslims today are struggling with their extremists, just as Christians are with theirs. Frankly, I'd rather let the Muslims work it out for themselves.

Here you go orno....

Someday, were going to pay a price for supporting these despots....Oh wait, we already are. It was saudi arabians who attacked us on 9/11, even while Bush fans were, and are asking us to bomb Iraq and Iran.

From the mouth of cippie!
:eek:

Egads! I feel like I've wandered onto the set of the "Spin Dry Zone" or something. :rolleyes:

Which of Cypress's comments did you find "silly", specifically?

No, I don't advocate invading Saudi Arabia. However bad they have it, killing them is worse. On the other hand, any assertion that Iraq at the time of our invasion was somehow worse than Saudi Arabia is pretty funny, under the circumstances.

No, I don't think that this sort of behavior is general within Islam. Muslims today are struggling with their extremists, just as Christians are with theirs. Frankly, I'd rather let the Muslims work it out for themselves.

I agree. I can't see what BB is babbling about, but I said not one word about Saudi Arabia.

I don't think we should be supporting Despots. I think it makes some arabs and muslims hate us, who wouldn't otherwise hate us.

I read up on this. She wasn't convicted of being a victim, just for getting in the car. They doubled her sentence because they contacted the media in an attempt to get world attention on the case.

Of course this doesn't make it right.

Righties are unable to contemplate other solutions to problems than invading nations.

Ok, so what is your recommendation? Do we not speak with them at all? Do we avoid trade and business with the countrying? Then if we do speak with them do we tell them their actions are unacceptable or do we just let it happen in the name of 'tolerance'?

OMG..............

I agree. I can't see what BB is babbling about, but I said not one word about Saudi Arabia. I don't think we should be supporting Despots. I think it makes some arabs and muslims hate us, who wouldn't otherwise hate us.

It was at the begining of your original post...and you blamed the Saudi Arabians (Muslims) for attacking us on 911...you need a vacation...you are suffering short term memory!:rolleyes:

You do know that Sharia Law is what they want, right? You know, the guys from S.A. that were on the plane... This is based on that law.

Back