APP - Scott Ritter: 72 hours [potential nuclear war averted] | Scheerpost

Scott

Verified User
Scott Ritter published a great article yesterday on Consortium News, thought some here might like to see it and perhaps engage in a bit of constructive discussion. I know that some here are not exactly fans of Mr. Ritter, but boy, he can be good at finding information that slips unnoticed by many. I've been following the Ukraine war for some time now, but it took Mr. Ritter's article for me to understand why the Biden administration pulled back from the brink of allowing Ukraine to use longer range missiles in its war with Russia. Quoting from the article:

Most Americans approached last weekend thinking about how they would spend the much-anticipated end of the work week with their friends and family.

Few realize how close they came to actualizing the scenario so horrifyingly spelled out in Annie Jacobsen’s alarming must-read book, Nuclear War: A Scenario.

72 minutes.

That is all it takes to end the world as we know it.

That is less time than most movies playing at the local cinema.

[snip]

The finishing touches on driving home the seriousness of Putin’s warning was left to the Russian ambassador to the United States, Anatoly Antonov. Speaking to the Russian media also last Friday Antonov said he was surprised that many American officials believed that

“if there is a conflict, it will not spread to the territory of the United States of America. I am constantly trying to convey to them one thesis that the Americans will not be able to sit it out behind the waters of this ocean. This war will affect everyone, so we constantly say – do not play with this rhetoric.”
Putin’s words had caught the attention of several former U.S. government officials, who had called Antonov for clarification.

“Yesterday’s statements from Vladimir Putin were weighed very carefully here. Several ex-officials called me asking to explain what actually stands behind those statements. I simply replied: ‘Don’t play with fire.’”

Full article:

Hmm. Well, according to Trump and the Cult, Vlad is our good buddy and would never, ever nuke us. **eyeroll**

I don't know what Trump has said in the past, but I -do- remember that in the debate with Harris, he said this, bolding what I think is the most important part:
...he's got a thing that other people don't have. He's got nuclear weapons. They don't ever talk about that. He's got nuclear weapons. Nobody ever thinks about that. And eventually uh maybe he'll use them. Maybe he hasn't been that threatening. But he does have that. Something we don't even like to talk about. Nobody likes to talk about it.

Source:

I'm not a fan of Trump, but here he has some good points.

I don't know what Trump has said in the past, but I -do- remember that in the debate with Harris, he said this, bolding what I think is the most important part:
...he's got a thing that other people don't have. He's got nuclear weapons. They don't ever talk about that. He's got nuclear weapons. Nobody ever thinks about that. And eventually uh maybe he'll use them. Maybe he hasn't been that threatening. But he does have that. Something we don't even like to talk about. Nobody likes to talk about it.

Source:

I'm not a fan of Trump, but here he has some good points.
If you say so. He just repeated what everyone already knows. Russia has not been our friend for well over a century, if ever. Putin is not our friend or ally. We all know they have nukes. Hell, most of the posters here grew up in the Cold War period. WE are the ones trying to point out that Trump is friendly to a foreign nation that is our enemy and which has repeated threatened us, interferred in our elections, spied on us, hacked us, etc. I often refer to him as #TRE45ON for that very reason, among others.

#TRE45ON's actions when he was IMPOTUSx2 regarding Russia speak louder than his words.

Back