SEC expansion?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

Mike Slive, commissioner of the SEC, responded to talks of the Big 10 expansion discussion with attitude. He says he will not sit idly by.

So if the Big 10 expands to be some sort of super 16 conference, Slive will look to expand the SEC?

Who is going to join the SEC? Who wants into that football conference? (the other sports aren't as tough in the SEC)

Mike Slive, commissioner of the SEC, responded to talks of the Big 10 expansion discussion with attitude. He says he will not sit idly by.

So if the Big 10 expands to be some sort of super 16 conference, Slive will look to expand the SEC?

Who is going to join the SEC? Who wants into that football conference? (the other sports aren't as tough in the SEC)

My picks would be...

1. Florida State
2. Georgia Tech
3. Miami
4. Southern Miss
5. Clemson
6. Troy

It would be tricky incorporating these into the East/West SEC, but it could be done. I think it would bring some new and interesting dynamics to SEC competition.

My picks would be...

1. Florida State
2. Georgia Tech
3. Miami
4. Southern Miss
5. Clemson
6. Troy

It would be tricky incorporating these into the East/West SEC, but it could be done. I think it would bring some new and interesting dynamics to SEC competition.

Florida State and Miami have both been approached about joining the SEC, and they had no interest.

GATech was in the SEC and then left. I suppose they might want to come back.

Florida State and Miami have both been approached about joining the SEC, and they had no interest.

GATech was in the SEC and then left. I suppose they might want to come back.

Yes, I am aware of the past, but nothing says these schools can't change their minds. I am just looking at schools which would qualify both regionally, and competitively. Southern Miss and Troy may be a little under-qualified competitively, but heck... Vandy and MSU need someone to beat, right?

It looks like we might be headed towards four super 16 team conferences.

Not going to happen. The SEC just signed their new TV deal. They have little incentive to add more teams at this point.

The little Ten is trying to gain some respectability by bringing real teams, like Nebraska into its conference. I hope that doesn't occur, but the Huskers would benefit financially from doing so given the size of the markets the Big Ten has.

Not going to happen. The SEC just signed their new TV deal. They have little incentive to add more teams at this point.

The little Ten is trying to gain some respectability by bringing real teams, like Nebraska into its conference. I hope that doesn't occur, but the Huskers would benefit financially from doing so given the size of the markets the Big Ten has.

The big twelve is a better con than the little ten.

If the other conferences do it and it would bring more money to the SEC you can bet they would be open to it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/04/21/big.ten.expansion/index.html

Back