Second Anniversary!

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
On May 30, 2005 Dick Cheney proclaimed that the insurgency was in it's last throes, and predicted “the level of activity that we see today from a military standpoint, I think, will clearly decline.”

P.S. Another anniversary coming up soon:

On June 14, 2006, Dixie proclaimed that Al Qaeda in Iraq was finished, and the the insurgency was in it's demise after Zarqawi was killed.

On May 30, 2005 Dick Cheney proclaimed that the insurgency was in it's last throes, and predicted “the level of activity that we see today from a military standpoint, I think, will clearly decline.”

P.S. Another anniversary coming up soon:

On June 14, 2006, Dixie proclaimed that Al Qaeda in Iraq was finished, and the the insurgency was in it's demise after Zarqawi was killed.
I thought it was a Civil War, that's not an insurgency!

He was right, just in a whole new way!

:lolup:

Cheney right ? Not since he said :

"I think for us to get american military personnel involved in a civil war inside Iraq would literally be a quagmire. Once we got to Baghdad, what would we do ?... I do not think the United States wants to have U.S. military forces accept casualties and accept responsibility of trying to govern Iraq. It makes no sense at all"

Said by Dick Cheny (SOD) in 1991 after gulf war.

I thought it was a Civil War, that's not an insurgency!

He was right, just in a whole new way!

:lolup:

But you forget damo. 12 months ago, I was called a partisan by wingnuts for even calling it a civil war. That somehow, calling it a civil war was serving my political interests. ;)

But you forget damo. 12 months ago, I was called a partisan by wingnuts for even calling it a civil war. That somehow, calling it a civil war was serving my political interests. ;)
Well, of course...

Anyway, that doesn't change the point I was making, nor does it change the fact that I think it was funny.

Personally I think it is more than one thing. Part insurgency, part civil war, part sectarian violence, part criminal behavior for personal gain...

It was irresponsible to go in with the "fight the war on the cheap" plan. Of course I think it was poor judgement to go to anyplace without a war declaration....

Oh, you're totally right on a factual level, Damo.

It's partly a civil war, but it's also more complex than that.

Back