Seinfeld star sorry for calling cricket 'gay'

Have you ever played cricket or watched a game? I know I'm going to regret this but where does the Bible mention baseball?

I've played and honestly, the possability of death would be the ONLY thing that would make it entertaining.

i can't stand to watch baseball.

football, basketball, golf (only major events), tennis....now those are worth watching

Any sport with an (often) scheduled tea break is not the most exciting sport around...

Cricket is probably one of the only reasons the Indians and Pakistanis don't nuke each other!! I doubt that you've heard of Gary Sobers but he was the first to get 6 sixes in one over, equivalent to six home runs, and he didn't take a tea break in between either. He was one of the greatest batsmen the West Indies ever produced.

Yaaay... Now, let me try hard to watch the guys not running during all those sixes..

Sounds like the bowler kinda stunk.

image.jpg

-- cricket is gay, but i'm not.

I've played and honestly, the possability of death would be the ONLY thing that would make it entertaining.

In the infamous bodyline test series between England and Australia of 1932-33 there were some near deaths. This was the time when wearing helmets was considered unmanly. Harold Larwood often bowled at 100mph, I like to see any one of you face a ball at that speed without a helmet or even with one!!

Michael Holding of the West Indies was his equal in the pre helmet era, when he was on form he was terrifying to face.

Last edited:
In the infamous bodyline test series between England and Australia of 1933 there were some near deaths. This was the time when wearing helmets was considered unmanly. Harold Larwood often bowled at 100mph, I like to see any one of you face a ball at that speed without a helmet or even with one!!

Mabe if they weren't such cry babies, they would actually play the game and not intentionally throw at a person's head or body.
Now I know you're going to try to make the comparison to a Pitcher throwing a baseball "high and inside"; but anyone intentionally throwing at a batter faces ejection.

Mabe if they weren't such cry babies, they would actually play the game and not intentionally throw at a person's head or body.
Now I know you're going to try to make the comparison to a Pitcher throwing a baseball "high and inside"; but anyone intentionally throwing at a batter faces ejection.

Body line was banned after the 1933 test series but in modern times bowling bouncers is considered a legitimate part of the game. The West Indies were the masters of that type of bowling.

Body line was banned after the 1933 test series but in modern times bowling bouncers is considered a legitimate part of the game. The West Indies were the masters of that type of bowling.

So the Cricket mentallity is - Since he's such a great player and I suck, it's OK if I find a way to harm him and probably end his career.
Cricket players suck.

So the Cricket mentallity is - Since he's such a great player and I suck, it's OK if I find a way to harm him and probably end his career.
Cricket players suck.

In recent years there has been a resurgence in the black arts of spin bowling especially the leg break, Abdul Qadir and Shane Warne were just magic when on form. The conventional wisdom is that it's difficult to get the ball to spin when it is new and without the right atmospheric conditions. They were able to do it in hot dry conditions that still baffle many today.

In the 1970s and 1980s it was thought that leg spin would disappear from the game due to the success of West Indian and later Australian teams exclusively using fast bowlers. During this time Abdul Qadir of Pakistan was the highest-profile leg spinner in the world and is sometimes credited with "keeping the art alive".[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] However, leg spin has again become popular with cricket fans and a successful part of cricket teams, driven largely by the success of Shane Warne, beginning with his spectacular Ball of the Century to Mike Gatting in 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leg_spin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_of_the_Century

Last edited:
Back