Serious Warning for Pet Owners

Thorn

I received this today in an e-mail. Please take it seriously.

The beginning part of this message must have been lost at some point in the forwarding ...

... Swiffer Wet Jet I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind! The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated 'may be harmful to small children and animals.' He called the company to ask what the contents o f the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually he was told i t's a compound which is one molecule a way from antifreeze). Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.

Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick0D cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot.

PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET -- PLEASE SEND THIS ON!

Whenever someone posts something from an E-Mail chain the first thing I do is check snopes.

I should have too, and knew it. The message came from a usually trusted source, though. I'll pass this along. Thanks.

I note that the snopes article was posted/updated within the past week; timely, isn't it!

Any word on the peanut butter thing? I have some hagen-daaz chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and I'm afraid to eat it. It's great though.

Go to their website and check and see Darla. Believe me, if they buy from one of the two companies with contaminated product they'll tell you. They don't want to get sued.

I should have too, and knew it. The message came from a usually trusted source, though. I'll pass this along. Thanks.

I note that the snopes article was posted/updated within the past week; timely, isn't it!

I actually thought this was probably legitimate, but it's practically reflexive for me to go to snopes when I see something with an unnamed source. It looks very convincing, and a lot of smart people fall for this stuff all the time.

Snopes said that it looked like someone was trying to sabotage Procter and Gamble, since a very similar chain about Febreeze harming pets had also been distributed recently. Maybe it's a short selling scheme?

who cares. snopes is gay.

Haven't you heard? Gay is the new gay. And straight is the new forty. And forty is the new black. Clean streets are caused by people in big trucks driving the trash around, it is more green to not pick it up and let the birds take it to feed to the fish.

I actually thought this was probably legitimate, but it's practically reflexive for me to go to snopes when I see something with an unnamed source. It looks very convincing, and a lot of smart people fall for this stuff all the time.

Snopes said that it looked like someone was trying to sabotage Procter and Gamble, since a very similar chain about Febreeze harming pets had also been distributed recently. Maybe it's a short selling scheme?

I've heard that about Febreeze; actually it's the "neutral" or "neutralizer" sprays that are on the ASPCA's list. Apparently dryer sheets are also dangerous; pet bed covers when washed shouldn't be put in the dryer with these (any brand). I use Downy fragrance free liquid with no ill effects.

I don't have complete confidence in corporate rebuttals, but Snopes seems to have covered this well enough. I personally don't care for the Swiffer products anyway.

Haven't you heard? Gay is the new gay. And straight is the new forty. And forty is the new black. Clean streets are caused by people in big trucks driving the trash around, it is more green to not pick it up and let the birds take it to feed to the fish.

wow im pretty gay

Back