Shhhh... Nobody tell anybody...

What were the "goals" over the last 10 years? That's the real barometer. Goals are arbitrary. If numbers are up, then that means something.

Strange how the goals go up and down like they do from month to month.

Book cooking ?
Lets see how many we got last month and then set the goal ?

And no I won't tell anyone that you secretly support the war Damo...

Strange how the goals go up and down like they do from month to month.

Book cooking ?
Lets see how many we got last month and then set the goal ?

And no I won't tell anyone that you secretly support the war Damo...
LOL... Yeah...

I'm actually surprised they hit their goals. Goals go up and down due to holidays and rotation numbers. They are only budgeted for a certain number of soldiers, they work to keep it right at that number. Therefore re-uppers and rotational ups and downs change the numbers from month to month as well as expectations for holidays when it becomes extremely difficult to actually get people to sign up.

I guess the extended tours, keeping recruits past their discharge dates, etc and such had no skew on the meeting of recruitment numbers ?
As I said cooking the books and screwing the troops.

are you reduced to blog sites in your republican support Damo ?

I guess the extended tours, keeping recruits past their discharge dates, etc and such had no skew on the meeting of recruitment numbers ?
As I said cooking the books and screwing the troops.

are you reduced to blog sites in your republican support Damo ?
Nah, it was something I saw on another site. The blog was outside the numbers, but the numbers are accurate.

I was wondering why the, "it's impossible to find recruits" talk had been almost non-existent lately.

I agree....

That is totally unfair to keep rotating troops back for several tours...during the VN era you only had to serve one 12-13 month tour...you only went back if you voluntered! Maybe it is time for the draft to be reinstated...it would pass around the responsibility for all citizens to serve! And give those who did a tour a break!

The qualifications have been lowered. They're letting convicted felons in now, among other things..
Which felons?

I know they no longer are keeping them out for traffic tickets, but felonies? Evidence?

They raised the age specifically for the Army, but I have seen nothing to prove that they suddenly began allowing felons.

Link us up.

Which felons?

I know they no longer are keeping them out for traffic tickets, but felonies? Evidence?

They raised the age specifically for the Army, but I have seen nothing to prove that they suddenly began allowing felons.

Link us up.

Link us up? Seriously? Unless all you read is NewsMax and Fox News, this is common knowledge:

U.S. is recruiting misfits for army
Felons, racists, gang members fill in the ranks

In February, the Baltimore Sun wrote that there was "a significant increase in the number of recruits with what the Army terms 'serious criminal misconduct' in their background" -- a category that included "aggravated assault, robbery, vehicular manslaughter, receiving stolen property and making terrorist threats." From 2004 to 2005, the number of those recruits rose by more than 54 percent, while alcohol and illegal drug waivers, reversing a four-year decline, increased by more than 13 percent.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/10/01/ING42LCIGK1.DTL

Ahhh...

Here we go...

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards2_2.htm

Army. The Army divides criminal offenses into one of four categories. Applicants with six or more minor traffic offenses (where the fine was $100 or more per offense), or three or more minor non-traffic offenses, or two or more misdemeanors, or one or more felonies, requires a waiver. For detailed information, see our Army Criminal History Information Pages.

Air Force. The Air Force divides criminal offenses into five categories. Category 1 offenses are considered the most serious (felonies), and category 5 offenses are the most minor. Applicants with one or more convictions or adverse adjudications from category 1, 2, or 3 offenses require a waiver. Those with two or more convictions or adverse adjudications in the past three years, or three or more convictions or adverse adjudications in a lifetime for a category 4 offense also require a waiver. Air Force applicants with six or more convictions or adverse adjudications in any 356 day period within the past three years from a category 5 offense also require a waiver. For complete information, see our Air Force Criminal History Information Pages.

Marine Corps. The Marines divide criminal offenses into one of six categories. In general, a waiver is required for: five to nine minor traffic offenses; two to five more serious traffic offenses; two or more Class 1 minor non-traffic offenses; two to nine Class 2 minor non-traffic offenses; two to five serious offenses; or one felony. Individuals with ten or more minor traffic offenses, six or more serious traffic offenses, ten or more Class 2 minor non-traffic offenses, six or more serious non-traffic offenses, or more than one felony are not eligible for a waiver. For details, see our Marine Corps Criminal History Information Pages.

And so forth.

Each of the branches would require a waiver if you had a felony, that particular standard hasn't been "lowered" at all, except in application.

and....

NY TIMES: The number of waivers granted to Army recruits with criminal backgrounds has grown about 65 percent in the last three years, increasing to 8,129 in 2006 from 4,918 in 2003, Department of Defense records show.

During that time, the Army has employed a variety of tactics to expand its diminishing pool of recruits. It has offered larger enlistment cash bonuses, allowed more high school dropouts and applicants with low scores on its aptitude test to join, and loosened weight and age restrictions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/14/u...c953182b1c51bb&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Waivers are easy to sign.

I suppose judges will soon be giving the option of enlist or jail....
Yeah, if you notice, even Cypress' link states that those with those particular charges were recruited before. It does state that there is a 54% increase in them now as well. This means that more waivers are signed, not that the standard was changed other than in application. In other words, yes it was lowered, but not by changing the written policy.

Yeah, if you notice, even Cypress' link states that those with those particular charges were recruited before. It does state that there is a 54% increase in them now as well. This means that more waivers are signed, not that the standard was changed other than in application. In other words, yes it was lowered, but not by changing the written policy.

You sound like a Pentagon Spokesperson, trying to spin this.

When you increase by 54% the number of waivers to allow convicted felons in, you're in affect lowering the army's standards. Whether or not somebody wrote it in a "policy" or not.

You sound like a Pentagon Spokesperson, trying to spin this.

When you increase by 54% the number of waivers to allow convicted felons in, you're in affect lowering the army's standards. Whether or not somebody wrote it in a "policy" or not.
I didn't spin anything. I admitted that they lowered the standard. You sound like somebody who expected something different and so "heard" it regardless of what I typed. Do I need to quote it and bold the important "yes they were lowered" portion or do you want to re-read it and then STFU.

Back