Ship Found: Lost for 150 Years...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_re_ca/cn_canada_franklin_ship_found

TORONTO – Canadian archeologists have found a ship abandoned more than 150 years ago in the quest for the fabled Northwest Passage and which was lost in the search for the doomed expedition of Sir John Franklin, the head of the team said Wednesday.

Marc-Andre Bernier, Parks Canada's head of underwater archaeology, said the HMS Investigator, abandoned in the ice in 1853, was found in shallow water in Mercy Bay along the northern coast of Banks Island in Canada's western Arctic.

"The ship is standing upright in very good condition. It's standing in about 11 meters (36 feet) of water," he said. "This is definitely of the utmost importance. This is the ship that sailed the last leg of the Northwest Passage."

More at link...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_re_ca/cn_canada_franklin_ship_found

TORONTO – Canadian archeologists have found a ship abandoned more than 150 years ago in the quest for the fabled Northwest Passage and which was lost in the search for the doomed expedition of Sir John Franklin, the head of the team said Wednesday.

Marc-Andre Bernier, Parks Canada's head of underwater archaeology, said the HMS Investigator, abandoned in the ice in 1853, was found in shallow water in Mercy Bay along the northern coast of Banks Island in Canada's western Arctic.

"The ship is standing upright in very good condition. It's standing in about 11 meters (36 feet) of water," he said. "This is definitely of the utmost importance. This is the ship that sailed the last leg of the Northwest Passage."

More at link...

Lost for 150 years? I wouldn't know who to fire first. The Captain or the Navigator?

Lost for 150 years? I wouldn't know who to fire first. The Captain or the Navigator?

Blame the Navigator!

flight-of-the-navigator.jpg

Your "hands" of an mj "user" (LOL) are merely at best one hand in a mirror image. It's quite frankly, adolescent at its very most, and stupid and uninformed at your intention.

Its quite a shame that you will condone the mayhem of the drug war with your shallow opinion. Serious. Wanting people to die.... Terrible man, terrible.

Been there, know how retarded it is, will never be 12 again, and therefore will never allow poor logic ad politically based motivation to sway me. Its very, very obvious that you can't say the same.

Your "hands" of an mj "user" (LOL) are merely at best one hand in a mirror image. It's quite frankly, adolescent at its very most, and stupid and uninformed at your intention.

Its quite a shame that you will condone the mayhem of the drug war with your shallow opinion. Serious. Wanting people to die.... Terrible man, terrible.

Been there, know how retarded it is, will never be 12 again, and therefore will never allow poor logic ad politically based motivation to sway me. Its very, very obvious that you can't say the same.

OH!!
Gee, in that case; fuck off. :good4u:
Thanks for playing.

I graduated from GREAT and DARE when I was 12. I even wrote a decent paper on the evils of smoking, which was far superior to anything I wrote during to succeeding two years of middle school, which is weird. I gues they had me motivated. :cof1:

Back