Shiver me timbers me mateys

Arrrgggh, I likes a spaaagetti.

It was my sons pirate sentence, we still don't know why to this day and he is 23.

Arrrgggh, I likes a spaaagetti.

It was my sons pirate sentence, we still don't know why to this day and he is 23.

Pirate were experiments in democracy .They would vote for captain and then follow him to the death. They were of all nationalities and traveled everywhere.A Pirate could have tasted spagetti no matter what his nationality because they came from all ethnic groups. Pirates could be any nationality and been part of a crew. They did not care what you were only what you were willing to do for your mates. One for all and all for one. A brotherhood extrodinare. Its no wonder kids and young men love pirates, everyone loves a pirate.

It a perfectly good pirate line "Arrgghh I likes a spagetti" hes a Italian pirate.

Pirate were experiments in democracy .They would vote for captain and then follow him to the death. They were of all nationalities and traveled everywhere.A Pirate could have tasted spagetti no matter what his nationality because they came from all ethnic groups. Pirates could be any nationality and been part of a crew. They did not care what you were only what you were willing to do for your mates. One for all and all for one. A brotherhood extrodinare. Its no wonder kids and young men love pirates, everyone loves a pirate.

It a perfectly good pirate line "Arrgghh I likes a spagetti" hes a Italian pirate.
You make them sound so benevolent.

1. Not all pirate ships voted for captain.

2. Mutinees were not uncommon.

3. They often would force labor from ships they attacked.

4. Keelhauling was a punishment well beyond any sort of waterboarding you may think is torture.

You make them sound so benevolent.

1. Not all pirate ships voted for captain.

2. Mutinees were not uncommon.

3. They often would force labor from ships they attacked.

4. Keelhauling was a punishment well beyond any sort of waterboarding you may think is torture.

Yeap you are right but some were experiments in democracy.

They would then go kill and rob anyone who was not part of thier little democracy.

They are still attract a great deal of fasination and I think it is for the reason I stated.

Spiced rum is amazing, truly the gods must partake of it on a daily basis. I imagine in heaven there are beautiful ivory fountains filled with spiced Puerto Rican rum. And beautiful Puerto Rican women bath in them. Ahhhh rum....

That being said, modern pirate that I am, I am more selective in the dialouge. Argh however, never goes out of style.

A great many pirates were Irish actually. Being a island nation they odviously had much talent to draw from, as well as an ever lasting hatred of one of the greatest naval powers around, England. Thats why if you look at Irish dialect and pirate dialect, you see many striking similarities.

Ahahaha, I will have to tell him that!

Yeap you are right but some were experiments in democracy.

They would then go kill and rob anyone who was not part of thier little democracy.

They are still attract a great deal of fasination and I think it is for the reason I stated.

Sounds a bit like modern day Americas foeign policy.

Back