Should the Olympic Games go away again?

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
It looks like the Japan Games are going to be cancelled outright, that all that money was wasted....should we take this opportunity to make the games go away for good? I stopped being interested about a dozen years ago, the corruption and the shitty US Broadcasts did it for me.

What Say U?

The world has become too small for the Olympics to mean what they once did.
International interaction has become routine for average people, much less world class athletes.

I used to like the boxing, at least, but now there's no figuring out when the matches will be shown. 5 AM maybe?

The one option that I might be able to get behind is a permanent site in Greece, but that would be too pro Western Culture for the Woke.

It looks like the Japan Games are going to be cancelled outright, that all that money was wasted....should we take this opportunity to make the games go away for good? I stopped being interested about a dozen years ago, the corruption and the shitty US Broadcasts did it for me.

What Say U?

That's not true, my son, who lives and works in Tokyo, said that if necessary they will run the games without spectators.

Last edited:
That's not true, my son, who lives and works in Tokyo, said that if necessary they will run the games without spectators.

We shall see....a report came over my wire that they are wondering if this will be so pathetic that they would be better off not doing it.

That's the word in the local onken anyway!

Apparently so:
Toshihiro Nikai, the No. 2 person in the ruling political party, was asked during an interview if cancellation was still an option.

“Of course,” he replied, adding that if the Tokyo Games piled on to the misery already wreaked by COVID-19 “there would be no meaning to having the Olympics.”

But the swiftness with which Nikai backtracked and a bunch of other powerful officials jumped in to say his comments were off the mark only solidified the reality that these games are going forward — no matter what happens in the next three months
https://apnews.com/article/world-wa...ympics-japan-bec3d048e9b962e5a577eca120cc664b

Back