Should we have hanged more Confederates?

Should we have hanged more Confederates?

• No, it is only right that treason and betrayal of your own nation should go unpunished

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultramarine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If I were in Andrew Johnson's place I would've hanged tens of thousands, every slave owner and traitor Confederate politician would've been brought to justice, every person who took up arms against their own country would've been deprived of citizenship and voting rights permanently, as well as their children, for seven generations. The Mississippi would run red with blood. Justice is beautiful.

Last edited:
If I were in Andrew Jackson's place I would've hanged tens of thousands, every slave owner and traitor Confederate politician would've been brought to justice, every person who took up arms against their own country would've been deprived of citizenship and voting rights permanently, as well as their children, for seven generations. The Mississippi would run red with blood. Justice is beautiful.

Don't you mean Andrew Johnson? :palm:

The fact that the Confederates went unpunished is the reason that neo-Confederate beliefs still exist. The Confederates should've been made to suffer, to know the price of treason, in order to induce repentance. It is only natural that those who are let off scott free should laugh and boast about betraying their country, killing our soldiers, and slaving.

I also found the 10% loyalty oaths figure to be rather meaningless. Any number less than 51% was a joke, and begs the question of just how deep-seated treason was in the south.

udhj0.jpg

Back