Sideways

what is so great? a drunk, and adventure with a not so drunk...in wine land....

seriously, i don't get it. i live in what is now the burgeoning wine mecca of the central coast. you go into winery taster rooms and it almost always reeks of alcohol. not pleasant. i don't smell that in a good bar that serves mostly beer and not booze.

wine trys to be an intellectual beer....

I am just watching Sideways again, what a fantastic film, it never disappoints.
Does anybody else agree?

I grabbed it from Costco because it was only $3, and I thought it was terrific.

The character's reminded me of myself and my friend Carlos 20 years from now, except hopefully I won't be divorced... Oh, and I hate wine and love beer...

seriously, i don't get it. i live in what is now the burgeoning wine mecca of the central coast. you go into winery taster rooms and it almost always reeks of alcohol. not pleasant. i don't smell that in a good bar that serves mostly beer and not booze.

It's not really about wine, that's just the setting for the film.

LOL I know what you mean. My brother is a wine snob and the funny thing is I know a lot more about wine then he does, how it's made, the varieties and their differences, what foods to serve them with, their chemistry, how ageing enhances flavor, etc, etc but when I serve him a glass he say's pretentious shit like. "Well this has hints of cherry and oak with a mild sweet finish but it's to dry and predestrian." I'm like "Fuck you, it taste good and it gets me drunk!" :clink:

It's not really about wine, that's just the setting for the film.
Yea it's definately a middle age crazy film. I'm middle age now and am wondering if that kinda shit's gonna happen to me soon. Not yet though. Hell I'm so boring that if I were any more boring people would start confusing me with Threedee, well...except I get laid.

Yea it's definately a middle age crazy film. I'm middle age now and am wondering if that kinda shit's gonna happen to me soon. Not yet though. Hell I'm so boring that if I were any more boring people would start confusing me with Threedee, well...except I get laid.

Have you thought of buying a trans-am and growing a moustache then just letting nature take its hilariously bawdy course?

Have you thought of buying a trans-am and growing a moustache then just letting nature take its hilariously bawdy course?
Well #1. I don't look good in a mustache, #2. GM just axed Pontiac, #3. Finding Sally Fields hitch hiking is easier said than done and #4. I don't like Coors beer. #5. Cops here a a lot smarter and a lot meaner then in the south and would beat your head into a pulp for jay-walking, let alone speeding. #6. It's not very original, is it?

Back