Size matters

While researchers have long shown that tall people earn more than their shorter counterparts, it's not only social discrimination that accounts for this inequality -- tall people are just smarter than their height-challenged peers, a new study finds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes No
Yes No

Yes No

"As early as age three -- before schooling has had a chance to play a role -- and throughout childhood, taller children perform significantly better on cognitive tests," wrote Anne Case and Christina Paxson of Princeton University in a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

yeah Im like 5'4" or so and my hubby is 5'8"

Hes brillient and everyone who meets him thinks so.

My son is 6' and very bright

perfectly true Cy, I just thought is was interesting.

It is one reason why hieght is naturally favored by humans along with they could reach more fruit off the tree.

perfectly true Cy, I just thought is was interesting.

It is one reason why hieght is naturally favored by humans along with they could reach more fruit off the tree.

I find the assertion credible that tall people have certain advantages in terms of social interactions and societal biases which can contribute to their success.

As the article states it also has to do with prenatal and early childhood nutrition.

the better cared for at these points will grow taller due to nutrition.

So the slight correlation could be simply that factor which Im inclined to think is the truth.

I didn't realize I was retarded, being a man less than 6'... I guess I'll go hide now.

Why didn't you all tell me?!!!

Uh ....No .....remember Dano your six foot five......no seven .....yeah seven,thats the ticket ....Youre six foot seven!

Back