SNL changes with cast members leaving

Commander Dutch

Sworn to support and defend the Constitution
I've recorded it but haven't watched last night's season finale with good-byes to major cast members.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/kate-m...ght-live-sendoff-season-47-finale-1235029757/
‘SNL’ Starts Generational Shift With Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson & Kyle Mooney Sendoff In Season Finale
Saturday Night Live bid farewell to four veteran cast members tonight, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson and Kyle Mooney. McKinnon, Bryant and Davidson, who have all become household names since SNL launched their careers, all got individual sendoffs with some of their most popular recurring skits. Mooney, who has spent most of his time on the show as a valuable but underrated performer, made an understated — yet dramatic — exit.

Overall, the episode, hosted by Natasha Lyonne, was a throwback to a time when longtime SNL cast members used to receive proper sendoffs in the season finale capping their runs. The last big one came during the 2012 season finale, with host and musical guest Mick Jagger. It said goodbye to Jason Sudeikis, Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig who had completed seven-year tenures. The episode famously ended with Jagger leading a dancing sendoff for Wiig to the Rolling Stones’ “She’s a Rainbow” and “Ruby Tuesday.”

SNL changes with four cast members leaving

I've recorded it but haven't watched last night's season finale with good-byes to major cast members.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/kate-m...ght-live-sendoff-season-47-finale-1235029757/
‘SNL’ Starts Generational Shift With Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson & Kyle Mooney Sendoff In Season Finale
Saturday Night Live bid farewell to four veteran cast members tonight, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson and Kyle Mooney. McKinnon, Bryant and Davidson, who have all become household names since SNL launched their careers, all got individual sendoffs with some of their most popular recurring skits. Mooney, who has spent most of his time on the show as a valuable but underrated performer, made an understated — yet dramatic — exit.

Overall, the episode, hosted by Natasha Lyonne, was a throwback to a time when longtime SNL cast members used to receive proper sendoffs in the season finale capping their runs. The last big one came during the 2012 season finale, with host and musical guest Mick Jagger. It said goodbye to Jason Sudeikis, Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig who had completed seven-year tenures. The episode famously ended with Jagger leading a dancing sendoff for Wiig to the Rolling Stones’ “She’s a Rainbow” and “Ruby Tuesday.”

I watched the ones with Belushi and Akroyd nearly a half-century ago.

Since then, I occasionally watch one of the funnier cold openings on YouTube until NBC takes it down.

Not the same without the original crew.

Carpet-muncher or not, that McKinnon broad is a real talent, though. I like her.

She could have played with the originals if she were from that generation.

I watched the ones with Belushi and Akroyd nearly a half-century ago.

Since then, I occasionally watch one of the funnier cold openings on YouTube until NBC takes it down.

Not the same without the original crew.

Carpet-muncher or not, that McKinnon broad is a real talent, though. I like her.

She could have played with the originals if she were from that generation.

Kate is certainly one of their best talents. I think Cicely Strong is underrated both as a comedian and as a singer.

I watched the original cast with Belushi and Ackroyd almost a half-century ago.
Other than that, I've only caught some of the cold openings before NBC pulls them down from YouTube.

If she were around back then, she could have played with the original cast. I think she's even better than Curtin, Newman, and Radner, and they were great.

Kate is certainly one of their best talents. I think Cicely Strong is underrated both as a comedian and as a singer.

I though my original post disappeared, but you must have just been quoting it.

I re-wrote it for nothing. Sorry.

By the way, my crude language is of course forced. I must work to remain un-woke!

Back