So I cant sleep....

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
It's sad really. I can't sleep (PTSD and other stuff) so instead of being productive in some way.... here I am.

It's sad really. I can't sleep (PTSD and other stuff) so instead of being productive in some way.... here I am.
I've been having the same problem though my insomnia has been caused by lactate poisoning. I've been spending a lot of time riding my bike lately (not a lot of fun now that it's getting cold) and a significant amount of time at the gym. Unfortunately when you go from being a couch potato to being active it takes about a year for the body to truely adapt, so right now I'm paying the price for all those potato chips.

Damn you Lays, damn you all to hell with your tasty, salty crunchy goodness.

Whoops, not making light of your PTSD. My ex had that. Horrible stuff. Good luck working with that. PTSD is a bad guest that never seems to want to go away.

Last edited:
I've been having the same problem though my insomnia has been caused by lactate poisoning. I've been spending a lot of time riding my bike lately (not a lot of fun now that it's getting cold) and a significant amount of time at the gym. Unfortunately when you go from being a couch potato to being active it takes about a year for the body to truely adapt, so right now I'm paying the price for all those potato chips.

You should try Better Maid potato chips. Best in the whole damned world.

We say that here in our parts about Mike-sells. Are they crunchy and salty and fried in tasty vegetable oil? None of those baked crisp. There like washing your feet with your socks on.

No they're oiled and salted and crunchy, but I actually am a fan of the baked crisps too, especially Doritos.

Guilt?

Whoops, not making light of your PTSD. My ex had that. Horrible stuff. Good luck working with that. PTSD is a bad guest that never seems to want to go away.

I learned from Chico Marx that the best way to deal with insomnia is to sleep it off.

Guilt?

I learned from Chico Marx that the best way to deal with insomnia is to sleep it off.

It's not insomnia, I just get nightmares. Well not even that, I just get dreams that wake me up and it takes a while to go back to sleep.

It's not insomnia, I just get nightmares. Well not even that, I just get dreams that wake me up and it takes a while to go back to sleep.
I get those all the time. Mostly I have dreams where I get angry at somebody. They are realistic enough that I wake up angry at them... It takes a long time to calm it down.

PTSD stays and stays...

I also have dreams of getting calls and coming up on accident scenes...

I get those all the time. Mostly I have dreams where I get angry at somebody. They are realistic enough that I wake up angry at them... It takes a long time to calm it down.

PTSD stays and stays...

I also have dreams of getting calls and coming up on accident scenes...

Mine are either I'm beating someone I used to work with (and didn't like) half to death, or being stuck at work with no end in sight. Just sittin aroung bored screaming that I wanted to go home. The scary part is that used to be an every day event.

They've come up with some really interesting research in the memory field. They can give people a drug, and have those people recall traumatic memories, and it blunts the emotion associated with those memories.

Until that becomes available, Ambien and beer are good too.

They've come up with some really interesting research in the memory field. They can give people a drug, and have those people recall traumatic memories, and it blunts the emotion associated with those memories.

Eh those help GET me to sleep. Staying asleep is the problem. I don't want to sound like a whiner or that I'm upset or anything, I just mentioned that out of all the things I could be doing whilst awake, I come on here.

There's also eye movement recall it works to detach the emotion from the memory without drugs.

Back