So... I paid to get my air exchange cleaned...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
My heater wasn't working. Negative fourteen and the best we could do was sixty-one degrees Fahrenheit. That's cold for inside your house.

Anyway, so I figured we had debris blocking up the air flow. I paid one of those duct cleaners, they are supposed to clean the entire system. Well after he left the house still had no air flow. So...

I went and took apart the air exchange, they even said they had cleaned it. And underneath my air conditioning coil I had total blockage from debris. (And yes we use filters, but we live in dust-land and it got dirty anyway.

So, you think they'll give me my money back? Four hours of work that would have taken me 10 minutes with the right tools. If the dude had simply done what we paid him to do... Now I have massive air flow. House is heating up amazingly well. It feels nice.

Of course, the next few days won't be so freaky cold and the heater would have worked, but it will be nice to use less propane to get the job done.

F**k! I hate people that charge you for crap and don't do what they are supposed to do.

My heater wasn't working. Negative fourteen and the best we could do was sixty-one degrees Fahrenheit. That's cold for inside your house.

Anyway, so I figured we had debris blocking up the air flow. I paid one of those duct cleaners, they are supposed to clean the entire system. Well after he left the house still had no air flow. So...

I went and took apart the air exchange, they even said they had cleaned it. And underneath my air conditioning coil I had total blockage from debris. (And yes we use filters, but we live in dust-land and it got dirty anyway.

So, you think they'll give me my money back? Four hours of work that would have taken me 10 minutes with the right tools. If the dude had simply done what we paid him to do... Now I have massive air flow. House is heating up amazingly well. It feels nice.

Of course, the next few days won't be so freaky cold and the heater would have worked, but it will be nice to use less propane to get the job done.

F**k! I hate people that charge you for crap and don't do what they are supposed to do.

Did you take pictures to show the guy?

The BEST thing you can do is offer the same service to other people at a significantly lower price than the guy that did yours.

I do that with all sorts of services. If someone wants to try and deprive me of my hard earned money, I'll do the same to them.

if they charged for services they did not perform, thats fraud. if they give you flak, tell them you're going to report them to the BBB. or if their bonded, talk to the bond people.

Back