So, I went to see Moonlight, Best Picture?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
OMFG, that was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen...

The story was mundane, the acting, especially in the beginning, was bad... The main character's unconvincing acting really hurt this. There was no way I was believing the guy was gay and that was through 3 total actors portraying that same character, none of them were convincing.

The one time you saw this character actually interacting with another man/boy they could barely touch each other... It was just bad portrayal. (At the end you get to see two men holding each other after the fact but I'm talking actual interaction, in that scene with actual interaction they pecked each other with lips touching for less than a second...)

The story was the same old story ever told. Gay person has bad life because people don't accept gay people...

Boring and slow. There were entire 10 to 20 minute segments that didn't progress the story and just bored the crap out of me... I mean, do we need to see 10 minutes of some dude making a boring meal? I mean, did I have to watch the dude chopping chives? What for? How did that move the story?

Anyway, Brokeback Mountain part duex, "Now with extra Boring" was a fail IMO.

I truly believe that this was one of the least worthy films ever to receive the honor of "Best Picture" and there have been some doozies in that category...

At the end I actually was praying to the Ether for it to frickin' finally end and found myself thanking the Universe that they didn't write a fourth even more boring chapter...

The story was mundane, the acting, especially in the beginning, was bad... The main character's unconvincing acting really hurt this. There was no way I was believing the guy was gay and that was through 3 total actors portraying that same character, none of them were convincing.

The one time you saw this character actually interacting with another man/boy they could barely touch each other... It was just bad portrayal. (At the end you get to see two men holding each other after the fact but I'm talking actual interaction, in that scene with actual interaction they pecked each other with lips touching for less than a second...)

The story was the same old story ever told. Gay person has bad life because people don't accept gay people...

Boring and slow. There were entire 10 to 20 minute segments that didn't progress the story and just bored the crap out of me... I mean, do we need to see 10 minutes of some dude making a boring meal? I mean, did I have to watch the dude chopping chives? What for? How did that move the story?

I truly believe that this was one of the least worthy films ever to receive the honor of "Best Picture" and there have been some doozies in that category...

At the end I actually was praying to the Ether for it to frickin' finally end and found myself thanking the Universe that they didn't write a fourth even more boring chapter...

I said that the other day and I was just going by the comments in IMDB, It was given best picture for political reasons certainly not for artistic merit.

Sent from Lenovo K5 Note:
To piss off snowflakes, bottom feeders and racists

damo you are 100% on point. In truth, I actually enjoyed the movie. I thought it was a decent, ok film. The circlejerking over it is absolutely mind blowing though. I have heard people talk about the "profound and ground breaking writing" and how it is "revolutionary"

You are dead right. The acting was piss poor from all 3 main actors playing chiron... like wooden faced shit tier level bad. The writing was unimaginative. This film was just affirmative action at the oscars.

I felt the same way about having to read Thomas Hardy in lit class. This is great art? I used to think that the purpose of English literature was to kill its reader via tedium and boredom. Then you'd read Dickens or Tolkien and be inspired but they seem to be the exception. English readers must prefer literature that is the metaphorical equivalent to a sleeping pill.

They still beat Russian writers who invented belaboring a point. Why say in three words what can be said in three thousand, right?

I felt the same way about having to read Thomas Hardy in lit class. This is great art? I used to think that the purpose of English literature was to kill its reader via tedium and boredom. Then you'd read Dickens or Tolkien and be inspired but they seem to be the exception. English readers must prefer literature that is the metaphorical equivalent to a sleeping pill.

They still beat Russian writers who invented belaboring a point. Why say in three words what can be said in three thousand, right?

My professor for poetry was a huge Thomas Hardy fanboy. He had written his dissertation on Hardy, etc.

My professor for poetry was a huge Thomas Hardy fanboy. He had written his dissertation on Hardy, etc.
I bet he was the life of the party. Which harkens to previous points that the Oscars are a recognition of art by peers and not a popularity contest. I mean I see Damos point but it may be that this movie is a level of art beyond our ability to grasp its salient features that others with more refined taste do. As for Grinds opinion...well Hell. He thinks volcano tacos are haute cuisine.

Last edited:
Back