So my daughter gets her temp learner's permit and we have her driving on it...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Then a week later when she gets her permanent one in the mail she gives me the old one with a stamp across it... that says it expires 10/31/2017....

Yeah, the lady didn't change the year on the stamp from 2017... I wonder how many people got in trouble for driving on a temp permit that expired before they got it?

This is an interesting story, but I am unable to answer your question. Are you really upset about the wrong date or more upset about the incompetence of bureaucracies? (Let me guess, the Learner's Permit was issued by a woman?)

Then a week later when she gets her permanent one in the mail she gives me the old one with a stamp across it... that says it expires 10/31/2017....

Yeah, the lady didn't change the year on the stamp from 2017... I wonder how many people got in trouble for driving on a temp permit that expired before they got it?

The digital record should be correct, well you'd hope it would be.

I feel sorry for kids today. The hoops they have to jump through are unbelievable. When I was a kid I took a three week long course in the summer and got my license (unrestricted) on my 16th birthday, that's all I had to do.

This is an interesting story, but I am unable to answer your question. Are you really upset about the wrong date or more upset about the incompetence of bureaucracies? (Let me guess, the Learner's Permit was issued by a woman?)

I'm more laughing. Humans make mistakes. I'm also glad that my daughter didn't get pulled over while driving on a pre-expired permit.

The digital record should be correct, well you'd hope it would be.

I feel sorry for kids today. The hoops they have to jump through are unbelievable. When I was a kid I took a three week long course in the summer and got my license (unrestricted) on my 16th birthday, that's all I had to do.

True that. I just tested three months before I turned 16 then on my 16th birthday took a driving test and got my license. With the requirements today we have to list all the time she drives and it has to be 50 hours, 10 of which are night driving, and list what we "practiced" during that time.

I think the gradual licensing laws are good. I myself had several near disasters during my first few months. Several in my class weren't as lucky. And the roads have only gotten more crowded with more drivers not paying full attention.

Back