Some Commandments Deemed Too Obscure, By Staffer, To Be Memorable: What Would God Say

Prakosh

Some Commandments Deemed Too Obscure, By Staffer, To Be Momorable: What Would God Say About That?

Many people are now aware of the Colbert Report’s interviews of top Congressional candidates. But few know that the show has had a hard time getting guests to appear since Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.), flopped miserably on the show. Westmoreland, you may or may not recall was the co-sponsor of a bill that would have required that the Ten Commandments be displayed in the U.S. Capitol. But when asked by Colbert to name the Ten Commandments, Westmoreland stumbled and could only name three. However, for a recent profile of Colbert in the Los Angeles Times, his office now claims that "Westmoreland actually named seven, said his press secretary, Brian Robinson. And the remaining ones, he added, were somewhat obscure."

The response back home wasn’t much better either. According to the article:
"A Bible Belt conservative, the embarrassed Westmoreland has been trying to live down his Commandments performance. No Republican has appeared since."

Way to go John, this is an unforgettable piece. And it is available on YouTube or the Colbert Report websites.

Full Glorious, Delightful Profile

All this "gotta get the 10 commandments in some courthouse somewhere" is just a waste of time. They need to move on to bigger fish.

Gay Marriage, or flag-burning?

Nope cypress, not even close. I am not actively pursuing a gay marraige ban. I don't believe in it but voted against the "ban" here in Oklahoma in '04. I am for civil unions but don't think that they should be limited to "gays" either. Though I don't approve of flag burning as a good way of protest, I am against taking away someone's right to do that. I am, in fact, concerned about the situation in Iraq and the situation with North Korea ( I do think things are being done the right way on this one) and the problem of affordable healthcare, or the lack thereof in this country. I am concerned with the state of education in the public school system as I think the requirements put forth by the Bush administration, at least as interpreted by many state school boards, are unrealistic and need to be modified. There are lots of things that I would rather see them address than this other stuff.

Nope cypress, not even close. I am not actively pursuing a gay marraige ban. I don't believe in it but voted against the "ban" here in Oklahoma in '04. I am for civil unions but don't think that they should be limited to "gays" either. Though I don't approve of flag burning as a good way of protest, I am against taking away someone's right to do that. I am, in fact, concerned about the situation in Iraq and the situation with North Korea ( I do think things are being done the right way on this one) and the problem of affordable healthcare, or the lack thereof in this country. I am concerned with the state of education in the public school system as I think the requirements put forth by the Bush administration, at least as interpreted by many state school boards, are unrealistic and need to be modified. There are lots of things that I would rather see them address than this other stuff.

I was just kidding. I know your not one of those wingnuts who obsess about phony and needlessly divisive "social" issues.

I was just kidding. I know your not one of those wingnuts who obsess about phony and needlessly divisive "social" issues.

Figgured that. Felt like typing for those who don't know. You know how it is, some find out you're religious and automatically you're a nut case. Who knows, maybe I am........a nutcase that is.:)

Figgured that. Felt like typing for those who don't know. You know how it is, some find out you're religious and automatically you're a nut case. Who knows, maybe I am........a nutcase that is.:)

I don't think so Leaning, but then perhaps I am also a nutcase ;)

Back