Sony - BRAVIA 46" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV

Good choice. We recently put one up for the grand prize in a raffle for our local AMVETs post.

Good choice. We recently put one up for the grand prize in a raffle for our local AMVETs post.

cool...i waffled on getting the 120 hz...but its 200 more dollars and i am most likely going to get an LED TV in a year or two so this will be the second tv and i don't really want to pay extra and tbo...with the sony i can't really tell the difference between 60 and 120...when i buy my LED it will be 240 or 480 by then and it will truly be the tv of choice

Sony - BRAVIA 46" Class / 1080p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...HDTV/9763694.p?id=1218169464795&skuId=9763694

i want to buy this....any thoughts or suggestions

Thoughts or suggestions? In post #5 you wrote,
i waffled on getting the 120 hz...but its 200 more dollars and i am most likely going to get an LED TV in a year or two so this will be the second tv

You could always forgo this TV and help Obama pay down the deficit. :D

cool...i had no idea...the tv is on sale for $809 down from $899....how much do you think they will allow me to bargain down for?

cool...i waffled on getting the 120 hz...but its 200 more dollars and i am most likely going to get an LED TV in a year or two so this will be the second tv and i don't really want to pay extra and tbo...with the sony i can't really tell the difference between 60 and 120...when i buy my LED it will be 240 or 480 by then and it will truly be the tv of choice

Why on god's green earth would you want a 120 hz TV? 60 HZ is transparent psychologically when it comes to non-CRT displays. 480 HZ is multiplying zero by 6. The only application where 120hz is really valid is in 3D, and since I doubt your set has the shutter-glasses hardware necessary to do 3D on at home it's a moot point. 480 HZ has no valid applications.

I s'pose that 120 HZ might have a slight advantage over 60 HZ in that it can dejudder the mismatched 24 HZ signal and produce better images. But that effect, too, becomes transparent beyond 120 HZ.

cool...i had no idea...the tv is on sale for $809 down from $899....how much do you think they will allow me to bargain down for?
It depends on how much the manager wants the sale and the cost basis of the set. We dropped ours by more than half and got a TV on sale for $2500 for $1100 (with the installation thrown in). But my wife has no qualms asking for discounts and can bargain with the best of them.

Back