Sore Loserman in Action

robdastud

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Sen. Joe Lieberman on Friday bristled at accusations by Democrat Ned Lamont that he did not hold the Bush Administration accountable for its response to Hurricane Katrina, and challenged the political newcomer to a debate on the issue.

Lieberman, who is locked in a three-way re-election fight after losing the Democratic primary, accused Lamont of distorting his record at the approach of the one-year anniversary of the devastating hurricane.

"Any time Ned Lamont wants to debate me about what each of us did with regard to Katrina, I'm ready for the debate," Lieberman said.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-25170628.apds.m0011.bc-ct--connaug25,0,5909567.story

does he know that he lost?? i mean why would the democratic nominee want to bother with a loser independent...

they had the race, you lost, move on.

"Where was Ned Lamont and what was he up to when this was happening?" he asked.

LOL probably the same place I was LIEberman... WORKING... he wasnt a public servant YOU WERE.....

its amazing... its like saying what did i do??

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Sen. Joe Lieberman on Friday bristled at accusations by Democrat Ned Lamont that he did not hold the Bush Administration accountable for its response to Hurricane Katrina, and challenged the political newcomer to a debate on the issue.

Lieberman, who is locked in a three-way re-election fight after losing the Democratic primary, accused Lamont of distorting his record at the approach of the one-year anniversary of the devastating hurricane.

"Any time Ned Lamont wants to debate me about what each of us did with regard to Katrina, I'm ready for the debate," Lieberman said.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-25170628.apds.m0011.bc-ct--connaug25,0,5909567.story

does he know that he lost?? i mean why would the democratic nominee want to bother with a loser independent...

Because he is leading in the polls to become the Senator?

Either way it would be important to debate with them. That is your actual opponent, not some other person from a different party. Just being upset doesn't change that Lieberman is an opponent that is ahead in the polls. (too close to call, but ahead in all of them pretty much tells you he is ahead)...

You're an idiot.

He didn't lose. There's not some big stamp of approval you get with being hte democratic nominee, especially whenever you're losing to him.

I think it means your not a democrat when you need to thank republicans for your win...

Lieberman may not win with the Democrats, but he will probably win with Connecticut at large. If he does win, however, he at least will caucus with the Democrat's, which makes the Democrat's one step closer to gaining power either way.

Interstingly, if he wins it will mean there are two independents in the senate and none in the house... and the house is supposed to be the more independent friendly body.

It's odd that a legislative body (the senate) that's technically represents people so disproportionitly actually is more in line with popular opinion than the body that's "supposed" to represent people (the house).

It's odd that a legislative body (the senate) that's technically represents people so disproportionitly actually is more in line with popular opinion than the body that's "supposed" to represent people (the house).
The Senate was designed to be disproportionate and it wasn't designed to represent "the People" at all. It was designed to be the State representation in the Federal Government.

Of course, Damo. I wasn't saying it wasn't. I was saying that it's odd that the senate represents the individuals of the united states better than the house whenever the house was designed to represent the individuals and the senate was designed to reprsent the states. The senate very clearly is more in line with popular opinion.

Its not odd.

Gerrymandering has become an artform. House districts are gerrymandered so that extreme ideologues who's only loyalty is to their party, can get elected over and over and over.

Its not odd.

Gerrymandering has become an artform. House districts are gerrymandered so that extreme ideologues who's only loyalty is to their party, can get elected over and over and over.

That was actually sort of the point I was getting at...

Gerrymandering has being very sophisticated over the past few years. With all the information we have right now right now, you could pretty much elect any cogress you wanted with the same voters, depending on how you draw the lines.

I just didn't want to get myself going about PR or some other electoral method that would make everything perfect.

Back