Willin to be Chillin
Sorry

What does this word even mean anymore?

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm sorry.

Thoughts and prayers

That is a good one.

I guess what you're saying is, if I wrong you and say, sorry, I'm basically saying thoughts and prayers.

However, the original term meant a personal redemption. An admittance of wrong doing.

I think you're right about how the term has changed today, so what do we say to someone we have wronged?

Sorry you are so fucking stupid?

I am not sorry you are so dense and retarded. It is just a fact, nothing to be sorry for.

Seriously, when I made this thread I knew some idiot would make the post you made.

How sorry and predictable you are.

That is a good one.

I guess what you're saying is, if I wrong you and say, sorry, I'm basically saying thoughts and prayers.

However, the original term meant a personal redemption. An admittance of wrong doing.

I think you're right about how the term has changed today, so what do we say to someone we have wronged?

You say Sorry

You wronged someone. Wrong thing to say: "I'm sorry you feel that way about it."
Right thing to say: "I had no idea that what I said would hurt you. How can I make amends to you?"

You wronged someone. Wrong thing to say: "I'm sorry you feel that way about it."
Right thing to say: "I had no idea that what I said would hurt you. How can I make amends to you?"

You can also say something like, my bad, but that works best in the moment. Just don't pull an Urkel.
giphy.gif

words can have different meanings depending on their context. what you are currently dwelling on is what is known as a colloquialism.

Back