South Carolina Angler Catches 1,000lb Hammerhead Shark

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
A South Carolina angler caught a huge, 1,000 pound hammerhead shark and released it back into the water.

Chip Michalove, who owns fishing charter company Outcast Sport Fishing, had been out with angler Pete Quartuccio and a friend on July 13 off Hilton Head Island when they reeled in the ginormous shark.

The shark, had it been brought back to shore, may have smashed the state record for the heaviest hammerhead caught.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...id=EMMX&cvid=08bb0a5cdbcb4fb885a7b1513cf362f7

That'll probably be the same shark that ends up killing some swimmer because the knucklehead released it.

I saw on of those ugly monsters laid out on a table being gutted in Cape Hatteras many years ago.

Awful creatures.

A South Carolina angler caught a huge, 1,000 pound hammerhead shark and released it back into the water.

Chip Michalove, who owns fishing charter company Outcast Sport Fishing, had been out with angler Pete Quartuccio and a friend on July 13 off Hilton Head Island when they reeled in the ginormous shark.

The shark, had it been brought back to shore, may have smashed the state record for the heaviest hammerhead caught.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...id=EMMX&cvid=08bb0a5cdbcb4fb885a7b1513cf362f7

Wow! I'm really glad that he let it go. What a story though!!!

That'll probably be the same shark that ends up killing some swimmer because the knucklehead released it.

I saw on of those ugly monsters laid out on a table being gutted in Cape Hatteras many years ago.

Awful creatures.

According to the International Shark Attack File, which is the world's only scientifically documented database of all known shark attacks, there have been 16 incidents between humans and hammerhead sharks since 1900.

And of those, there have been 0 deaths.

Most attacks took place off the eastern coast of Florida, with one off the coast of California, another off Australia and two off Pacific islands.

Are Hammerhead Sharks Dangerous and Do They Attack Humans?

Back