Southern cooking is on the upswing, and Paula Dean is not the reason!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
my mom buys paula deen items

:palm:

I shouldn't have knocked Paula Deen. I prefer her to some of the cooking show folks. But what I have seen developing in the area of southern farming and cuisine is wonderful in ways Paula can't touch.

That's why you're so fat.

What? No comment about maineman to go along with insults about what you think you know about my weight?

Read the article and do a little research. You are absolutely wrong.

What? No comment about maineman to go along with insults about what you think you know about my weight?

Read the article and do a little research. You are absolutely wrong.

Isn't he the one that just went on the 17 day diet recently?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/d...html?_r=1&pagewanted=all?src=tp&smid=fb-share

My wife grew up with Frank Stitt and my sister worked for him several years ago. The man is a wonderful chef, and this article reflects what he (and other southern farmers & chefs) have been trying to do.
I've always enjoyed southern cooking. Since I also value living to a very productive ripe old age...I only eat it in moderation. LOL

I used to joke when I lived in the south about southern cooking that "if it wasn't breaded and deep fried and/or smothered in gravy....it was meat!"

I shouldn't have knocked Paula Deen. I prefer her to some of the cooking show folks. But what I have seen developing in the area of southern farming and cuisine is wonderful in ways Paula can't touch.
I've had some air cured virginia hams that were almost as good as sorrano's. The one I tried was over two years old and the butcher carved off these paper thin slices to taste and it was incredible...but at $10/# it was to much for my budget.

said Craig Diehl, the chef at Cypress, in Charleston, who makes an extraordinary headcheese and about 25 other remarkable cured meats from Mr. DeFelice’s pork.

This doesn't do much to help. Headcheese?

Back