Spartan Race

Socrtease

Verified User
A few of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I have lost 100 pounds over the last year. February 15, 2011 I weighed 317 pounds. Today I weighed in at 223. It is my plan to begin training this year for a Spartan race to be held next February in Arizona. It is only going to be the short course but I think that will be a good challenge for a guy that will be 47 years old and hasn't done anything like this since I was in the Army. If any of you who live in this area are interested in joining me, let me know.

A few of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I have lost 100 pounds over the last year. February 15, 2011 I weighed 317 pounds. Today I weighed in at 223. It is my plan to begin training this year for a Spartan race to be held next February in Arizona. It is only going to be the short course but I think that will be a good challenge for a guy that will be 47 years old and hasn't done anything like this since I was in the Army. If any of you who live in this area are interested in joining me, let me know.

Well done, slim!! Go kick some ass and have fun.

When is it held, February? I'll think about it, I need to get myself back in shape and a goal that will help me get there.

If you come to AZ, let me know and my offer of introducing you to my friend with the Tat shop is still open.
If you've been thinking of one.
His prices are really good and his artists are the bomb.
If you want, I can PM you his shop web site address and you can browse through some of their work.

When is it held, February? I'll think about it, I need to get myself back in shape and a goal that will help me get there.

If you and Socrtease both come down, you guys let me now and I'll treat you both two a mexican dinner that will totally destroy all of your hard work to get in shape.

This is wonderful congrats!

Just did the CO Spartan race. They held it at Fort Carson and let the guys on the base add to the race. What started as a 5k turned into a 5 mile course. Obstacles were fun, but challenging. Congrats on the weight loss. That is great.

Do not underestimate the short course. They will still find ways to kick your ass. If you haven't registered yet, try to get in one of the early waves. The only downside we had was that we caught the slower people in the wave ahead of us (granted I must admit the 1/8 mile crawl in thick mud under barb wire carrying a weapon was a tad taxing). After you sign up, let me know what wave you are in. I may join you.

Just did the CO Spartan race. They held it at Fort Carson and let the guys on the base add to the race. What started as a 5k turned into a 5 mile course. Obstacles were fun, but challenging. Congrats on the weight loss. That is great.

Do not underestimate the short course. They will still find ways to kick your ass. If you haven't registered yet, try to get in one of the early waves. The only downside we had was that we caught the slower people in the wave ahead of us (granted I must admit the 1/8 mile crawl in thick mud under barb wire carrying a weapon was a tad taxing). After you sign up, let me know what wave you are in. I may join you.

Wow, how did you do. This sounds like the kind of thing I would love to watch. I have to check it out. I had never heard of this before now.

Wow, how did you do. This sounds like the kind of thing I would love to watch. I have to check it out. I had never heard of this before now.

We got jammed up behind the wave ahead of us going through the mud pit... but it was a fun race. Loved it. I do about 4-5 of these obstacle course races a year. Tough Mudder and Spartan Race are my favorites by far. Warrior Dash is ok, Rugged maniac is another. A lot of these popping up now...

Bonus... I'm going to give it a try... When is the cutoff for signup?

right now it is pretty open... if we are going to do it, I suggest we sign up early for an early wave. Its $60 to sign up now. So if we get closer and you decide not to do it, we would only be out $60.

Soc... what wave are you thinking about? I would suggest the wave immediately following the 'elite' wave.

Dude, that's just simply amazing! I thought quiting smoking was hard but loosing 100#'s is like seriously over the top!!! Way to go! BOO HAAAA

right now it is pretty open... if we are going to do it, I suggest we sign up early for an early wave. Its $60 to sign up now. So if we get closer and you decide not to do it, we would only be out $60.

Soc... what wave are you thinking about? I would suggest the wave immediately following the 'elite' wave.

Do we have a link for the paperwork? If I fill it out I'll feel more obligated to get myself ready.

Back