Star wars: the old republic

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
i have never played a mmorpg. i like star wars games, the last i purchased was jedi knight. yes, that dates me youngins. i don't like that i have to pay $15/mo to play the game. seems like a major rip off.

thoughts?

i played everquest for about a year before it got in the way of everyday life. I wouldn't go back to a monthly paid service/game now. even if it was star wars.

that being said, the console star wars games do rock.

i played everquest for about a year before it got in the way of everyday life. I wouldn't go back to a monthly paid service/game now. even if it was star wars.

that being said, the console star wars games do rock.

yeah....the monthly fee bothers me. $15. give me a break. that is almost half my gym fee.

i've heard that mmorpg can be addictive. had a friend who was addicted to sims, though i don't think that is online. she actually made a character for me. freaked me out when she told me. i would probably buy the game if the monthly fee wasn't so high. never played a mmorpg and i like star wars, but $15/mo......nah.

i have never played a mmorpg. i like star wars games, the last i purchased was jedi knight. yes, that dates me youngins. i don't like that i have to pay $15/mo to play the game. seems like a major rip off.

thoughts?

Paying a monthly fee is pretty standard for MMORPG's. They have high maintenance costs necessary to run the server, and are much larger than a typical game and thusly need much higher revenue. You're probably just not familiar with the genre, in which case you might be a little out of your league if you simply jump in. There are MMORPG's which do not charge monthly fees, such as Guild Wars, and even free (but crappy) ones that run in your browser, such as runescape. BTW, do you have a computer that can run it? If you have an IGP, don't even try.

yeah....the monthly fee bothers me. $15. give me a break. that is almost half my gym fee.

i've heard that mmorpg can be addictive. had a friend who was addicted to sims, though i don't think that is online. she actually made a character for me. freaked me out when she told me. i would probably buy the game if the monthly fee wasn't so high. never played a mmorpg and i like star wars, but $15/mo......nah.

They are mostly only addictive if you get into the social life of the game, joining guilds, doing extensive raids, etc... I've gotten into some MMORPG's that deep before. On the other hand, if you play it like a single player game and mostly keep to yourself, it will get boring quick, and will mostly consist of boring grinding. That's how I played WoW, and mostly why I never got much into it. I was too much of a recluse by that time in my life to even get to know people on MMORPG's.

watermark....huge thank you.

your posts make sense and upon reflection, i'm not going to join. i play video games when i'm bored, i don't get into them. especially with a monthly fee.

i've seen some people get very addicted to games like these. A friend of ours got divorced because her husband was given an ultimatum. her or the game, he chose the game.

I quit everquest and won't get on another one because of the huge amount of time it takes to advance in the games. not worth it anymore.

i've seen some people get very addicted to games like these. A friend of ours got divorced because her husband was given an ultimatum. her or the game, he chose the game.

I quit everquest and won't get on another one because of the huge amount of time it takes to advance in the games. not worth it anymore.

i don't normally judge people.............but the husband is a fucking idiot.

You're not missing out man. Get the Knights of The Old Republic I&II. Those were the last good Star Wars games, and the prelude to TOR.

Back