Star Wars VII

Timshel

I never understood why Lucas did not milk this thing more.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

BREAKING….
Disney has just confirmed that it has agreed to acquire George LucasLucasfilm Ltd, and that includes rights to the Star Wars franchise that will now continue on. The companies have targeted a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode 7, with Episode 8 and Episode 9 to follow as the the long-term plan is to release a new feature every two or three years. “The last Star Wars movie release was 2005’s Revenge Of The Sith – and we believe there’s substantial pent-up demand”, Disney said. The deal also includes rights to the Indiana Jones franchise.

The stock and cash transaction is worth an estimated $4.05 billion, and the companies have scheduled a conference call in a half-hour to discuss the deal, which was approved by the Disney board and Lucas, the sole Lucasfilm shareholder.

Are you suggesting that Lucas didn't milk Star Wars like a dairy farmer until IRS teats literally shriveled up and fell off, forcing Lucas to bleed it until death?

Are you suggesting that Lucas didn't milk Star Wars like a dairy farmer until IRS teats literally shriveled up and fell off, forcing Lucas to bleed it until death?

Not as much as I would have. I would have turned it into Disney!

They have several pretty good stories in the expanded universe that could be turned into trilogies. Where the hell is the Star Wars theme park? TV shows? It's a gold mine.

They have several pretty good stories in the expanded universe that could be turned into trilogies. Where the hell is the Star Wars theme park? TV shows? It's a gold mine.

Lucas is said to have 50+ episodes written, story boarded and ready to produce of his live action TV series set between episodes 3 & 4...maybe now they can get around to producing those too.

I never understood why Lucas did not milk this thing more.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

BREAKING….
Disney has just confirmed that it has agreed to acquire George LucasLucasfilm Ltd, and that includes rights to the Star Wars franchise that will now continue on. The companies have targeted a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode 7, with Episode 8 and Episode 9 to follow as the the long-term plan is to release a new feature every two or three years. “The last Star Wars movie release was 2005’s Revenge Of The Sith – and we believe there’s substantial pent-up demand”, Disney said. The deal also includes rights to the Indiana Jones franchise.

The stock and cash transaction is worth an estimated $4.05 billion, and the companies have scheduled a conference call in a half-hour to discuss the deal, which was approved by the Disney board and Lucas, the sole Lucasfilm shareholder.

Smart man, Lucas, spreading the revenue out, new generations, new ways of using the theme!

Rumour has it that Lucas didn't produce episodes VII-IX because of his divorce, out of spite. Now that Lucasfilm is under new management, no such divorce issues will apply to Disney (as Lucas will not profit from said productions, not being the owner), there are no personal reasons on anyone's part to delay any further.

they have had some success with the Clone Wars cartoon series...

they have had some success with the Clone Wars cartoon series...

The first short series that ran between episodes 2&3 was awesome. The other series....it sucks. I honestly think the less Lucas has to do with the actual creative process, the better something will be.

Back