State of the Union Speech: Bush Gets a Bounce in Polls!

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
a bounce downward that is

the Newsweek poll:

"The president’s approval ratings are at their lowest point in the poll’s history—30 percent—and more than half the country (58 percent) say they wish the Bush presidency were simply over, a sentiment that is almost unanimous among Democrats (86 percent), and is shared by a clear majority (59 percent) of independents and even one in five (21 percent) Republicans. Half (49 percent) of all registered voters would rather see a Democrat elected president in 2008, compared to just 28 percent who’d prefer the GOP to remain in the White House."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16840614/site/newsweek/

I've got to wonder about that 30%. How the hell does one out of three Americans still like this incompetent buffoon?

Well he does look good in bluejeans! To some people thats all that matters.

Apparently 30 % of the people cannot admit they were wrong. Or a more scary option, 30% have the same mental defects as Bush and actually think he is right.

Apparently 30 % of the people cannot admit they were wrong. Or a more scary option, 30% have the same mental defects as Bush and actually think he is right.
The scary option applies in all too many cases, alas. Just listen to 'em babbling about "winning in Iraq" and how we did the Iraqis a service by getting rid of Saddam.

I figure that about one in four have that same mental defect.

The scary option applies in all too many cases, alas. Just listen to 'em babbling about "winning in Iraq" and how we did the Iraqis a service by getting rid of Saddam.

I figure that about one in four have that same mental defect.

Yes, must be the lack of oxygen to the brain from shrunken lungs due to breathing exhaust fumes...

Some people judge Bush's performance on more than just Iraq. Yes, that is completely FUBAR'ed, but domestically he has not done anything to blow us up. If I were asked, I would have given him a favorable OVERALL, but hammered him on Iraq. I still believe he is a better option than Kerry or Gore.

Some people judge Bush's performance on more than just Iraq. Yes, that is completely FUBAR'ed, but domestically he has not done anything to blow us up. If I were asked, I would have given him a favorable OVERALL, but hammered him on Iraq. I still believe he is a better option than Kerry or Gore.

:shock: :bs:

One the domestic scene, bush has been pretty much a do nothing president.
Well he did give the credit card companies protection from personal bankruptcy, and protected the drug xcompanies from price bargaining on drugs...lets see what else he has done....

One the domestic scene, bush has been pretty much a do nothing president.
Well he did give the credit card companies protection from personal bankruptcy, and protected the drug xcompanies from price bargaining on drugs...lets see what else he has done....

On the domestic scene I give him credit for spending a lot of time on gay marriage and flag burning -- as well as his response to Katrina and turning budget surpluses into structural deficits.

to be fair though, I am enjoying the republicans capital gains tax cuts. Even though I feel they are not in the best interests of our country in the long run.

You really think he has done well domestically? Really? Wow. I totally disagree. Bush has mucked it up hard.

Way to go Damo!

:cheer:
I am sure you and I would disagree seriously on where he mucked it up... Not in every case, but many of them.

He has though mucked it up.

For instance: Wearing a blue shirt and riding around in a cart is not border security, the idea that we give away a path to citizenship without first closing the border is simply giving away citizenship without regard to lawful entry. There would be one of the messes he insists on creating without regard to how his constituency thinks...

We have the pill bill, spending political power elsewhere than on SS reform... would be another. State's rights is another, the powergrab with education with the NCLB is simply against all conservative ideation, as well as the whole debacle in Florida with Schiavo...

I could go on, but really there is no need. The guy has simply gone against almost everything the R party used to stand for, all along being cheered by many of those people who hold those beliefs. They are leaving him in droves, and deservedly so.

Oh yes we would disagree on several points. And that is proper and normal.

I try to be mainly for the overall good of the USA in the longterm, but with us not losing our humanities in the process.

As to how to get there, I think you and I disagree on several portions of the route. But our goals are the same. Just my opinion though.

Back