Stupid Bing.com Commercials

Timshel

This campaign annoys me, as much as Apple's PC vs Mac ads. They seem to imply other search engines return irrelevant results. But the results they return would only come up if your search was done based on one word. So I tried one of there one word examples "dude" on bing, here are the top results...

Definition for dude

o - man: a man or boy
o - city dweller vacationing out west: a resident of the urban eastern seaboard who vacations on a dude ranch in the West
o - flashily dressed man: a man who wears flashy, highly stylish clothes

Encarta World English Dictionary

Dude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude is a slang term used to refer to a friend or partner. The term dude refers to a man; the female equivalent, "dudette" is used less often. Dude is a slang word [3], and this ...
o Usage ·
o History ·
o Dude in popular culture
o en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude
o · Enhanced view
Dude Definition * Definition of Dude at Dictionary.com

noun: a man excessively concerned with his clothes, grooming, and manners. Slang fellow; chap.
o dictionary.reference.com/browse/dude
o · Cached page
Dude

We are in the process of finishing up our beta testing for the site, soon we will be relaunching with our fully redesigned front end. We hope you will enjoy the new site design and ...
o www.dude.com
o · Cached page

About the same thing the search engine characters returned. And what the hell is a decision engine anyway?

I don't know what it is but I sure as hell know what it isn't. It isn't a woman! LOL

Aren't those Bing.com commercials the ones with the annoying rampant free-association strings of dialogue? I think their point is that you can focus your internet searches more precisely with their product. I mute out those commercials as soon as they start. Ditto the Progressive lady and a few others.

Aren't those Bing.com commercials the ones with the annoying rampant free-association strings of dialogue? I think their point is that you can focus your internet searches more precisely with their product. I mute out those commercials as soon as they start. Ditto the Progressive lady and a few others.

When I first heard of that Bing thing I was keen to try it. I thought I would get free jewellery!

But not "GoDaddy"? :eek:

Back