Stupid Criminals: Never, Ever try to rob a Karate School

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Karate School Robbery attempt, Leaves Thief Hospitalized

A feckless stick-up man chose the wrong target when he was beaten and hospitalized in an attempted robbery of a karate school in Bucaramanga in northwestern Colombia, police said.

"The man entered the academy with a firearm, but could not intimidate the dozens of students, who fortunately reacted and disarmed him," said Colonel Julio Cesar Santoyo, police commander in the province of Santander.

Police arrived at the scene only to take the would-be robber to hospital for treatment of multiple contusions at the hands of the karate students.

AFP

Karate School Robbery attempt, Leaves Thief Hospitalized

A feckless stick-up man chose the wrong target when he was beaten and hospitalized in an attempted robbery of a karate school in Bucaramanga in northwestern Colombia, police said.

"The man entered the academy with a firearm, but could not intimidate the dozens of students, who fortunately reacted and disarmed him," said Colonel Julio Cesar Santoyo, police commander in the province of Santander.

Police arrived at the scene only to take the would-be robber to hospital for treatment of multiple contusions at the hands of the karate students.

AFP

That's funny. I was talking to friend last weekend who is taking karate with his son. He was showing me some of the moves he just learned by having me pretend I was a robber pointing a gun at him. Damn near broke my arm.

This robber is a freakin idiot.

Ninjitsu?

Damo, are you one of them ninjas like John Claude Van Dammes or Hong Kong Phooeys?
Jean Claude is a Tae Kwon Do fool....

Ninjitsu was an art created by the peasants in Japan to fight against the Samurai at a time when they were not allowed equal weapons. It was illegal for a peasant to have a sword. Much of the training is against opponents far more well-armed than you are.

Jean Claude is a Tae Kwon Do fool....

Ninjitsu was an art created by the peasants in Japan to fight against the Samurai at a time when they were not allowed equal weapons. It was illegal for a peasant to have a sword. Much of the training is against opponents far more well-armed than you are.

Oooo, hark at Grandmaster Flash with his crouching tigers.

I'm taking escrima. Escrima kicks ninjitsu's ass. ;)
Escrima is excellent, however it does not include many of the other portions of ninjitsu.

The word "nin" in Japanese means "patience and perseverence", it is an entire philosophy, based on spiritual as well as technique. It also teaches, in many instances, disguise, escape, concealment, archery, weapons... and depending on which of the 9 schools you are learning at, explosives as well.

Pretty much anything at all that can give one an advantage when first presented with disadvantage is more than acceptible, but encouraged, to be added to your skill set. Many of your escrima techniques would be taught in ninjitsu along with the traditional teaching.

At our school, our Kyoshi has added classes in many different martial arts.

Escrima is excellent, however it does not include many of the other portions of ninjitsu.

The word "nin" in Japanese means "patience and perseverence", it is an entire philosophy, based on spiritual as well as technique. It also teaches, in many instances, disguise, escape, concealment, archery, weapons... and depending on which of the 9 schools you are learning at, explosives as well.

Pretty much anything at all that can give one an advantage when first presented with disadvantage is more than acceptible, but encouraged, to be added to your skill set. Many of your escrima techniques would be taught in ninjitsu along with the traditional teaching.

At our school, our Kyoshi has added classes in many different martial arts.

But you gotta admit, fighting with sticks is way cool ;)

Wow!

Everyone is doing Kung Fu fighting...me I am getting lazy in my golden years so I just rely on S&W:cof1: to do my swift moves!

Back