Sunday smile, check it out.

meme

:)

By Michelle Malkin • April 5, 2009 11:56 AM Because sometimes, you just need to stop and smell the roses. Or break into a “Sound of Music” dance number in the middle of Antwerp’s Central Station! (Thank you, American Digest and Anchoress):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6b9bMBXpg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Op zoek naar Maria - Dans in het Centraal Station van Antwerpen[/ame]

from..http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/05/sunday-smile/

Yes, education does make you smart. If that makes me elitist, then elitist must be some new code word for common sense.
Education doesn't make you smart. There are many people who have gone to college that are less intelligent than many who have not.

Education is a tool in the hands of an intelligent person, it is not however empowered with giving people intelligence they do not already have.

You are equating institutional learning with education?

Education doesn't make you smart. There are many people who have gone to college that are less intelligent than many who have not.

Education is a tool in the hands of an intelligent person, it is not however empowered with giving people intelligence they do not already have.

You are equating institutional learning with education?
Only in the sense that people here did.

Note that it started with "A person who didn't go to college that calls somebody who did..."

Basically what they were saying is that somehow college itself brings on intelligence that could not be obtained by any other means. It is preposterous at its face.

An intelligent person will become educated in what interests them, if they have access to the education. But it won't change their intelligence level if they don't have such access.

A mentor of mine used to tell me "Never confuse an educated man with an intelligent man. They are often different animals."

Education (especially whatis provided by our educational institutions today) does not make one necessarily smarter. And not attending a college or university does not limit your intelligence or your ability to learn.

If education didn't make someone smart, they weren't educated.

Basically what they were saying is that somehow college itself brings on intelligence that could not be obtained by any other means.

College is, generally, the only way you could prove to society that you've gained such knowledge. Saying "I know as much as an engineer" isn't enough to get you a job at google.

I know you are going to attack something I didn't say in response to this message.

Last edited:
watermark is being very smart in this thread, letting us know how important degrees are. What new revolutionary idea will he propose next? stay tuned.

College is, generally, the only way you could prove to society that you've gained such knowledge. Saying "I know as much as an engineer" isn't enough to get you a job at google.

I know you are going to attack something I didn't say in response to this message.
Once again, proving that you have gained knowledge by showing a degree does not make you more intelligent. There are many people with the same intellectual capacity that either did not have access to that path, or chose a different path.

You are mistaking education milestones for intelligence levels. George W. Bush went to far more college than you did, he even had degrees to prove it, was he more "intelligent" than you?

Once again, proving that you have gained knowledge by showing a degree does not make you more intelligent. There are many people with the same intellectual capacity that either did not have access to that path, or chose a different path.

You are mistaking education milestones for intelligence levels. George W. Bush went to far more college than you did, he even had degrees to prove it, was he more "intelligent" than you?

Ha hahaha! You Bush-whacked him!

I have known some very enlightened people who merely graduated high school.

I have know Professors who were as sharp as a marble.

Like Damo said its a tool and like Soc said never confuse the two.

Back