Support of hopeless country that could lead to nuclear war

wwef235

Is it time for world powers to become more reasonable regarding escalation of political tension?

Every day I follow the news on global politics, including the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The war between them has lasted for more than two years now but the situation barely changes. We send weaponry to the Ukrainian army, provide solid financial support, introduce more and more sanctions on Russia. During this conflict, the NATO members have become more united than ever before. However, this doesn’t stop military activities. Russians keep on surviving the sanctions, gradually advance on the battlefield, and, since recently, have begun cooperating with China and North Korea. So, it looks like any actions from one side lead to a matched response from the other side sending both parties back to square one.

I think I should give an example. So, first what we do is allow Ukraine to counterstrike inside Russian territory with our weapons (https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/20/politics/us-policy-ukraine-counterstrike-russia/index.html) but soon Russia manages to destroy Ukrainian energy infrastructure (https://www.reuters.com/business/en...pounded-ukraines-power-facilities-2024-06-14/).

This problem is very serious and cannot be solved by having more weaponry supplies or funding. Here, one can’t think in terms of good and evil, and accuse each other of being aggressive. All of it is unreasonable because it could provoke the beginning of World War III. Then, not only would separate countries lose but so would every single person on Earth. Such a conflict must not become a reality, especially if the reason for it is a small country not worth a global catastrophe. Nation states must come to the negotiation table as it’s the only right solution.

photo.jpg

Russia is blowing up Ukraine's cities and infrastructure. They are killing lots of men, women, and children. Who has the right to tell them they should not do the same to Russian towns and people? Russia is creating an enemy on its borders. Ukraine and the other Russian neighbors are being taught a lesson in how much they can trust Russia. They cannot.

Back